Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:51 AM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default High Fructose Corn Syrup

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2011, 01:21 PM   #2
jslep
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 15 years
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

Not sure where you are headed with this one steve?

Are you poking fun saying that cane sugar and corn syrup are not so similar or just poking fun at the fact that they want it to seem so same for mass consumption?

The way i see it is with regular cane(table)sugar being 50% fructose and 50% glucose while high fructose corn syrup is 55% fructose and 45% glucose i can't see how using one or the other can be so detrimental to the human body. To me its the mass quantities that americans consume that is the troubling factor. On average an american will consume 56 gallons of soda every year! That to me is disgusting statement. If you drank only 1 soda per day you would get "the recomended" amount for the entire day somewhere around 10 teaspoons. Now throw in all the other sweetened garbage you want and you have a recipe for obesity. I don't think it really matters whether you chose corn syrup, cane sugar, beets or whatever to sweeten something it will always come down to the fact that americans can't fill up with enuff of it.

I watch how much of any kind of sweetener my kids intake. Focusing on corn syrup as the problem is not the major factor for me i guess.
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:55 PM   #3
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

There's an interesting piece about HFCS and insulin levels and such here; I did read it elsewhere as well but this is the first one I punched up, so...people may want to research it further themselves.

Why Soft Drinks Contribute to Obesity
Old 04-10-2011, 03:51 PM   #4
jslep
Max Brawn

jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

I didn't read the piece on site here about it but i have seen an article or two try to explain some of the debate with insulin levels and HFCS but both i read said it was inconclusive or the tie to diabetes increase since the early 80's which was the start of a lot of HFCS use could be simply the dramatic increase in sweeteners being used and if it was simple cane sugar used we would still have the same issues. In their explanation it is simply the mass quantities of any sweetener that we consume not that it is the HFCS itself.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:19 PM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslep View Post
Not sure where you are headed with this one steve?

Are you poking fun saying that cane sugar and corn syrup are not so similar or just poking fun at the fact that they want it to seem so same for mass consumption?
I'm not going anywhere. I saw the videos and the parody video and found them entertaining.

That is all.

Please look at the third video. It is a parody of the first two. I found it funny.

/Sugar is evil. The end.

Last edited by BendtheBar; 04-10-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:05 PM   #6
jslep
Max Brawn

Got ya.

I thought maybe you were leading us into discussion on it and i wasn't sure where you stood. But ya............Sugar is PURE EVIL!!!!(insert sadistic laugh)
Old 04-10-2011, 05:27 PM   #7
Legosinmyegos
Brawn
Points: 1,553, Level: 22 Points: 1,553, Level: 22 Points: 1,553, Level: 22
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Legosinmyegos has made some good postsLegosinmyegos has made some good postsLegosinmyegos has made some good postsLegosinmyegos has made some good postsLegosinmyegos has made some good postsLegosinmyegos has made some good postsLegosinmyegos has made some good postsLegosinmyegos has made some good postsLegosinmyegos has made some good postsLegosinmyegos has made some good posts

Nothing wrong with HFC in small amounts.

vids of my lifts
http://www.youtube.com/user/Andrew405squat?feature=mhum
Legosinmyegos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:40 PM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslep View Post
Got ya.

I thought maybe you were leading us into discussion on it and i wasn't sure where you stood. But ya............Sugar is PURE EVIL!!!!(insert sadistic laugh)
Nah broseph. I hit the morning circuit of health news and info to stay up to date on what's going on and like to post interesting finds.

I have no agenda other than to post interesting bits and pieces.