Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2011, 12:12 AM   #1
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member
Default Is my diet working?

OK, I hit 43 years old and had to reverse some trends my body was making!

I managed to cut 40 pounds in 18 months with diet and exercise, but now I sort of need to build back up with muscle instead of fat. Just so you know, I've always been somewhat overweight for my height, even when I was a state level runner and soccer player, I was always thicker compared to height than my competitors. That's just always been the way it was for me. So there we go.

I'm now 46, 5'8" about 190 lb (today) and am on a 5x5 full body weightlifting program. 3x week (I was 185, but now have built up to 190, hopefully muscle)

I keep a food diary, and have for over a year, so I know I average about 2500 calories a day, with about 150 of those being protein.
Seems like a good thing overall, except I still have about 10 pounds of stubborn belly fat that just won't go away, and hasn't for over 5 months now.

So, my question is, should I:
acccept that I am an inherently thick person with no hope?
Eat more protein, less carbs?
Cut calories overall?
Work harder?

Your thoughts in general would be helpful. I know myself, I think I know what I am doing with my diet and exercise.

But obviously, I would not be here unless I needed some help, so no thoughts are unwelcome. You never know what might strike a bell.

Thanks.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links