Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:36 PM   #1
ForwardMotionStruggle
Strugglin'
Brawn
Points: 518, Level: 10 Points: 518, Level: 10 Points: 518, Level: 10
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Exp: Not enough.
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
ForwardMotionStruggle is off to a bad start
Default Supplement questions.

So lately I've been on the prowl for supplements.
I'm looking into pre workout supplements and I've been cycling E/C stack for a while, but with my current schedule I'm not going to be able to do that anymore.

Mainly, I've been looking for a new pre workout sup and been constantly looking at the M&S deal of the day. Sorely upset that I missed my chance and the Universal Animal Rage.

However, if anyone else knows where I can find a good pre workout sup for a fair/cheap price, please let me know. I am a college student who's supporting himself on a budget.

I'm looking at K-Otic, but not sure what it's like. I'm going to call in for a free sample, but sooner the better.

Has anyone ever tried making their own?

If anyone also has information for fish oil and multivitamin I'd be entirely grateful.

Thank you,
FMS.
ForwardMotionStruggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2011, 12:59 AM   #2
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

I was very pleased with K-Otic, the taste was its only downfall but if your in it for taste then drink a milkshake lol. Anyways I heard they are releasing new flavors, should be great. I liked it, it was consistent & I definitely notice a difference lifting with out it.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:24 AM   #3
MMA Max
Max Brawn
Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%

MMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributor

K-otic has about 300mg of caffine, it seems pretty cool and i wanted to try it to but i know a lot of guys logged it here and i dont want a sales pitch. I like the amped cracked out feeling except for 1 mr...the crash is to much. Pre surge unleashed looks pretty good and so does quake 10.0 looks hella strong
MMA Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:32 AM   #4
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybygamma View Post
I was very pleased with K-Otic, the taste was its only downfall but if your in it for taste then drink a milkshake lol. Anyways I heard they are releasing new flavors, should be great. I liked it, it was consistent & I definitely notice a difference lifting with out it.
I love the K-Otic and when you brake down the servings, the ingredients and the price per serving, you can't beet it. They brought out 2 new flavors - Grape and Orange, they also improved the original flavor.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:26 AM   #5
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardMotionStruggle View Post
So lately I've been on the prowl for supplements.
I'm looking into pre workout supplements and I've been cycling E/C stack for a while, but with my current schedule I'm not going to be able to do that anymore.

Mainly, I've been looking for a new pre workout sup and been constantly looking at the M&S deal of the day. Sorely upset that I missed my chance and the Universal Animal Rage.

However, if anyone else knows where I can find a good pre workout sup for a fair/cheap price, please let me know. I am a college student who's supporting himself on a budget.

I'm looking at K-Otic, but not sure what it's like. I'm going to call in for a free sample, but sooner the better.

Has anyone ever tried making their own?

If anyone also has information for fish oil and multivitamin I'd be entirely grateful.

Thank you,
FMS.
You should be able to find fish oil and multi locally. My only hint for fish oil is to buy the enteric coated capsules. It keeps the fish burps to a minimum ( I only get them if I take it on an empty stomach).

I have made my own pre. Bought bulk BCAA, Glutamine, L-Arginine, Beta-Alanine and Creatine and then some kind of kool-aide like flavor packets. Arginine has a strong fishy taste, so I now use the tablets, but powder everything else. A tsp is about 5g. So, 2 tsp of BCAA, 1 tsp each of the others, one flavor packet. If you want caffeine, find a powdered energy drink like Deton8 (sold at Kroger). Upfront cost is more than buying K-Otic or Jack3d, but the cost per serving is better overall. I compared my mix to jack3d and the upfront cost per serving was close, but I got 150 servings to Jack's 30.

That said, a pre-made is soooo much easier. The question, that is still in debate, is are they necessary? I have tried numerous and can take or leave them. Love the focus I have with K-Otic, hate the taste. Jack3d made me jittery. Superpump sent me to the head within minutes. Waiting for my Beta-Cret to arrive so that I can give it a try. I would advise trying to pick up some samples and give them a try. Everyone is different.

2014 100%RAW American Challenge, May 31, 2014:
Squat 292
Bench 176
Deadlift 375 PR
Total - 843 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:18 AM   #6
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Supps I use

Daily: multi vitamin, fish oil, protein powder.

pre workout: Coffee

post workout: chocolate milk with protein

I like to keep it simple. YMMV
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:23 AM   #7
MMA Max
Max Brawn
Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%

MMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributor

Does anyone know anything about presurge?
MMA Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:53 AM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA Max View Post
Didn't work for me, and many I know didn't like it.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:59 PM   #9
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Archery 2000 Champion! Fish Eat Fish Champion! Power Driver Champion! Yeti Sports 1 Greece Champion! Penguinoids Champion!
Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

Quote:
I was using Pre-Surge Unleashed for a while. Good stuff, strong as hell for me. I used 3/4 scoop on an empty stomach, and I was cooking withing 30 minutes. Loads of energy, but it also made me sweat, a lot.

But now I have Rage. Animal Rage. This stuff is awesome, plain and simple. Taste isn't good at all, but it's made to be a 4oz shot..just slam it back and wash it down with something else if you want to..
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:17 PM   #10
bigtim27
the thrilla from phila
Max Brawn
Points: 7,178, Level: 56 Points: 7,178, Level: 56 Points: 7,178, Level: 56
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Lose Weight
Fav Exercise: Military Press
Fav Supp: xtend
bigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
I did a log on presurge on M & S. I actually liked alot. Very good taste and very good energy but it doesnt give you that cracked out feeling your looking for. Overall though it is a pretty decent pwo.