Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Big Tim's ultra low carb diet opinions wanted (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5614)

bigtim27 03-08-2011 08:42 AM

Big Tim's ultra low carb diet opinions wanted
 
TUESDAY 3/8/11
my goal is too hit 2000 calories. Stay under 30 carbs.

Meal 1
4 whole eggs, 4 slices of center cut bacon,1 slice of cheese
470 calories 29g f 36g p

Meal 2
2 scoops Scivation Whey, Almonds
460 calories 24g f 53g p

Meal 3
Smoked Turkey breast Filet, Mayo
380 calories 25g f 38g p

Meal 4
1.5 scoops of scivation whey, almonds
326 calories 16g f 39g p

Meal 5
6 0z chicken tenderlions, butter,cauliflower, grapefruit
355 calories 17g f 36 g p , 20g c

Total:1995 calories 114g fat, 202g protein, 25g carbs

BendtheBar 03-08-2011 08:47 AM

I think it looks good. Fats are over 50%.

First 3-4 days were the worst for me.

Carl1174 03-08-2011 08:49 AM

Im the worlds worst dieter mate, but would the grapefruit be better with the shake and the almonds later as the sugar in the fruit would be used with the whey, like having dextrose or something. That is of course assuming that the shake is PWO, if not then forget i said anything lol :D

To be honest it looks fine, good levels of fat and protein and the carbs are where you want them to be :)

Carl.

bigtim27 03-08-2011 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl1174 (Post 121774)
Im the worlds worst dieter mate, but would the grapefruit be better with the shake and the almonds later as the sugar in the fruit would be used with the whey, like having dextrose or something. That is of course assuming that the shake is PWO, if not then forget i said anything lol :D

To be honest it looks fine, good levels of fat and protein and the carbs are where you want them to be :)

Carl.

Carl I would normally have the grapefruit prework out on a training day. Big55 told me on non training days to keep it with the last meal.

Carl1174 03-08-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtim27 (Post 121777)
Carl I would normally have the grapefruit prework out on a training day. Big55 told me on non training days to keep it with the last meal.

Thats cool mate, didnt know if it was a training day or not.... told you i was the worlds worst dieter lol :D

I have stuck to Big55's guidlines so far though (its only been 4 days admittedly, but I gotta start somewhere)

Carl.

bamazav 03-08-2011 11:14 AM

Guess I missed the grapefruit post. What is the purpose of the grapefruit? Can't stand them, but I am curious.

bigtim27 03-08-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamazav (Post 121798)
Guess I missed the grapefruit post. What is the purpose of the grapefruit? Can't stand them, but I am curious.

Ask Big55 lol he helped me with my diet and told me to eat a grapefruit right before my training and with my last meal on non training days, I had around zero carbs before so It is for my carb source.

MC 03-08-2011 11:52 AM

Good luck with this, Tim!

ricka182 03-08-2011 12:36 PM

Good luck Tim. Like BTB said, it's the first few days that will kill you..after that, you get used to the low carbs. I would up the fats though, and fall more towards a CKD plan. I lost about 15Lbs on a keto diet in 2009.

bigtim27 03-08-2011 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricka182 (Post 121804)
Good luck Tim. Like BTB said, it's the first few days that will kill you..after that, you get used to the low carbs. I would up the fats though, and fall more towards a CKD plan. I lost about 15Lbs on a keto diet in 2009.

Its funny you mentioned that. I was jut reading the oldpost on setting up a CKD plan posted up by Rippedinmichigan.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.