Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 03-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
TBtaylor52
LG Science Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 1,397, Level: 20 Points: 1,397, Level: 20 Points: 1,397, Level: 20
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Lipotropic Protein
TBtaylor52 has made some quality postsTBtaylor52 has made some quality postsTBtaylor52 has made some quality postsTBtaylor52 has made some quality postsTBtaylor52 has made some quality postsTBtaylor52 has made some quality postsTBtaylor52 has made some quality posts
Default Blood Type Diets.

What is everyone's view on this? I am A positive blood type and it says that my body responds best to a vegetarian diet, with barely any meat. I couldnt imagine life without meat
TBtaylor52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2011, 04:30 PM   #2
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

I did a bit of research on the blood type diet fad when someone on another forum mentioned it; they swore by it no matter what ridiculous info was thrown up in relation to it.

Most people end up being considered in the central band (as I'll call it) and therefore end up being given the exact same diet; but, the weird thing is that a questionnaire is used to assess which diet is right for you, not just your blood group...that's where they lost me.

The questionnaire used also alters and you can have a more in-depth questionnaire or just use one of the many basic ones that are floating about on the internet. But, when someone starts basing your diet on how social you are, how introvert/extrovert, which type of sports you prefer, whether you're emotional and prone to outbursts etc...that just takes it out of the diet realm and into the twilight zone for me...

So, verdict, rubbish! (IMO, of course)
Old 03-06-2011, 04:46 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Is this Metabolic Typing, or is that a different eating approach?

My personal opinion is one of skepticism, though I am not as educated as I should be on the topic. We lived 99%+ of our human existence without a reliance on grain based carbs, so I can't imagine a large percentage of our ancestors (who lived on meats, fruits, veggies, nuts and berries) being meat/protein sensitive or possibly "carb" dependent. Carb consumption as we understand it in a modern context makes up a very, very small percentage of man's time on Earth. I am not ruling out small percentages of people. I just can't see this being the case based of blood type, which involves larger percentages.

That's my basic for skepticism, but I reserve the right to be wrong.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:13 PM   #4
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

I am a believer in everyones body reacts different. With human evolution to change in things like food, life span, height. I also feel we have evolved in the way our systems work plus each persons system is different.
I truly feel all the nutrition hype is just that, hype, just as a miracle fat loss pill.
People just need to take time to document how there body reacts to certain foods and go by that rather than look for a fix all diet plan based of set parameters.

To make my point why is it that every TOP Ranked PRO bber natural or not, never follows the same nutrition prep/cut as the next guy?

Also why would every cut be different for getting the same results. IF you follow the same plan you won't get the same results and may even get worse results.

Example. My cut just 1 year later is totally different than it was last year, but I'm getting the same results. Any prep coach thats truly good will say the same thing, every cut diet every year will need to be addressed and approached different.

Last edited by Rich Knapp; 03-06-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote