Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:31 AM   #1
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member
Default Recipes for Anabolic cooking

What is your favorite and best recipe for an anabolic (muscle building) meal? To make this a little more challenging, share only a meal that can be prepared and eaten by as many diet variations as possible. While pancakes and bacon taste great, most folks on a either low carb or low fat diets could not eat it. We want anabolic and fits into most diets.

What is your favorite and best recipe for an anabolic meal?

2014 100%RAW American Challenge, May 31, 2014:
Squat 292
Bench 176
Deadlift 375 PR
Total - 843 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2011, 08:39 AM   #2
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member
Default Almond and Parmesian crusted Tilapia and veggies

Either make or purchase some almond flour and grated Parm. Mix about a cup of flour and Parm to taste, add salt and pepper to taste. ( Make amounts proportional to the number you are serving. If cooking for 1, a cup of flour is way too much.)
Beat a few eggs in a bowl.

Take Tilapia fillets and dip in egg mix and then dredge in Almond/parm mix.

Two choices to cook.

For a Crispy coat, heat some olive oil in a pan then pan fry the fillets.

You can oven bake the fillets at 350 for about 15-20 minutes or until flaky when a fork is inserted.

For the veggies. Take some broccoli and cauliflower and put in a bowl, sprinkle a little Good Season's Italian Dressing Mix over the top and mix well, try to coat all the veggies. Either bake in the oven or for quick cooking pop in the micro wave and cook.

Great quick meal with testosterone boosting, almonds, eggs, fats and broccoli. Your body will thank you.

Squat 292
Bench 176
Deadlift 375 PR

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
Old 01-21-2011, 08:40 AM   #3
Spartigus
Max Brawn
Points: 3,966, Level: 40 Points: 3,966, Level: 40 Points: 3,966, Level: 40
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Tournaments Won: 2

Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat & Quick Lifts
Fav Supp: Milk
Spartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributor

Protein MANCakes

Serves 1 person

In a container mix the following:-
2 whole eggs
About 1/4 cup oats
About 2 heaped tablespoons of flower
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
A dash of milk, just add enough so its not too runny, its meant to be relatively thick

If its too runny add more flower, if its too thick add milk or water.

Put a pan on the stove on a low heat, then some sort of butter or oil in the pan so the MANCake wont stick.

Once the first side is cooked, flip it over, now you have two options depending on your diet: -
1. Cook the other side like normal, then add your favorite toppings like butter, fruit ect.

or

2. As soon as you flip it over, put cheese (as well as anything else like onions or whatever you want) on the cooked size, make sure the pan is on a low heat (we have a gas stove). By the time the cheese has melted, the other side will be cooked, if not just put it under the grill for a few mins. But it has worked every time for me without having to put it in the grill.

Then enjoy!! This is one of my favorite breakfast meals

"When in doubt, just get really, really strong. It tends to cure most problems in training and life." - Wendler
Spartigus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:18 PM   #4
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Guess we are the only two who cook and like to eat.

Squat 292
Bench 176
Deadlift 375 PR

Old 01-21-2011, 06:05 PM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I will add a few after dinner

I love to cook.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:39 PM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Salsa Chicken Quinoa is a simple, tasty, and extremely healthy, high protein meal. This recipe will not disappoint.
What You Need
2 cup quinoa, uncooked
24 ounces cooked chicken
2 cups salsa
1 cup chopped raw onion
Diced jalapeno to taste (optional)
Cooking Instructions

Boil quinoa in with 4 cups water. After reaching a raging boil, turn the heat down to medium-low. Allow quinoa to cook until only a slight amount of water is left. Pull quinoa from heat, and let stand covered for 10 minutes. Extra water will soak into the quinoa.

Mix chicken, salsa and onion in with the quinoa. Divide evenly into 5 Tupperware containers.

This recipe makes 5 meals/servings.
Serving Suggestions

This recipe makes 5 servings.

Nutritional Info
434 calories
39 grams of protein
49 grams of carbs
6 grams of fat

Old 01-21-2011, 07:40 PM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Monster Mass Turbo Bulking Oatmeal

Monster Mass is a very popular bulking protein powder. Try you favorite flavor in this easy to make, on the go, high-powered muscle mass building breakfast meal.
What You Need
4 scoops Monster Mass, your favorite flavor
1 packet plain, instant oatmeal
1-3 scoops instant coffee
1 cup whole milk
Cooking Instructions

This is a perfect breakfast bodybuilding meal for bulkers who don't have much time in the morning, or for those of you who forgot to prepare a morning meal. It is high protein, very nutritious, and has caffeine! What more do you need? Oh, and it's extremely simply to make.

Place instant oatmeal in a Tupperware container, add water, and heat in the microwave. Once the oatmeal is heated properly, stir, let stand for 1-2 minutes.

Next, stir in your favorite Monster Mass protein flavor, 1 cup of milk, and add 1-3 scoops of instant coffee grounds. You may need to add additional milk if Monster Mass and oatmeal combination doesn't mix to your liking.

You can also top your turbo oatmeal with sliced strawberries or banana.
Serving Suggestions

This recipe yields one serving.

Nutritional Info
895 calories
62 grams of protein
103 grams of carbs
27 grams of fat

Old 01-23-2011, 05:01 PM   #8
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Salsa Chicken Quinoa is a simple, tasty, and extremely healthy, high protein meal. This recipe will not disappoint.
What You Need
2 cup quinoa, uncooked
24 ounces cooked chicken
2 cups salsa
1 cup chopped raw onion
Diced jalapeno to taste (optional)
Cooking Instructions

Boil quinoa in with 4 cups water. After reaching a raging boil, turn the heat down to medium-low. Allow quinoa to cook until only a slight amount of water is left. Pull quinoa from heat, and let stand covered for 10 minutes. Extra water will soak into the quinoa.

Mix chicken, salsa and onion in with the quinoa. Divide evenly into 5 Tupperware containers.

This recipe makes 5 meals/servings.
Serving Suggestions

This recipe makes 5 servings.

Nutritional Info
434 calories
39 grams of protein
49 grams of carbs
6 grams of fat
I have been looking for new ways to use quinoa. This sounds great. If you need more fat, you could add some velveeta to make this a creamy delight.

Squat 292
Bench 176
Deadlift 375 PR