Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 12-28-2010, 01:16 AM   #1
TBtaylor52
LG Science Rep
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Lipotropic Protein
TBtaylor52 has made some quality postsTBtaylor52 has made some quality postsTBtaylor52 has made some quality postsTBtaylor52 has made some quality postsTBtaylor52 has made some quality postsTBtaylor52 has made some quality postsTBtaylor52 has made some quality posts
Default Critque

Thoughts on diet so far(Dec. 27th)

TBtaylor52's Food, Diet, and Fitness Diary | LIVESTRONG.COM

And I guess my "I" key didnt feel like working in the 2nd I in critique...

Last edited by TBtaylor52; 12-28-2010 at 01:20 AM.
TBtaylor52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2010, 09:50 AM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I think everything looks in order from a macro standpoint. I also see oats and rice as carbs, and a good variety of protein sources.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:34 AM   #3
TBtaylor52
LG Science Rep
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Lipotropic Protein
TBtaylor52 has made some quality postsTBtaylor52 has made some quality postsTBtaylor52 has made some quality postsTBtaylor52 has made some quality postsTBtaylor52 has made some quality postsTBtaylor52 has made some quality postsTBtaylor52 has made some quality posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I think everything looks in order from a macro standpoint. I also see oats and rice as carbs, and a good variety of protein sources.
Thanks bud, as from what others have said elsewhere, what is your stand on the sodium intake there? And you think I should lower the protein a bit and up the carbs?
TBtaylor52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:44 AM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

If you are trying to cut fat I wouldn't raise the carbs any higher. If anything you could take the fat as high as 30%. I am no expert on diet, but I do know that when cutting, most competitors/models/etc. use some form of carb cycling, or a straight moderate to low carb approach. Most fat percentages are around 20 to 30%.

I wouldn't make any adjustments until you see how your body responds. Some of the bodybuilders on MAB might have other opinions that are more wise than mine...

As far as sodium...I can only speak from personal experience. I don't limit it while cutting. If I'm being honest, I consume more sodium while cutting - spicing up my food, pickles as snacks, etc.

This post might help more with fat intake:

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/nut...diet-help.html

Quote:
Fat Intake-
* Mesomorphs – 17% – 23% of total calories.
* Ectomophs – 24%-28% of total calories.
* Endomorphs – 23%-28% of total calories (fat intake is increased in order to reduce carbohydrate intake, as endomorphs may have a difficult time losing fat with higher carbohydrate intakes). For our subject, this equates to about 400 – 550 kcal from fat per day (45g – 60g fat per day) Once again, I prefer the ‘middle of the road’ approach and would set his fat intake at around 55g fat per day (495 kcals/day from fat) .

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote