Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:44 PM   #31
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain View Post
im 38 and set in my ways... lol

i try to change it up everyonce in a while. i was doing a 5 on 2 off split and one of my workout patners was like i want another day off, can we go 2 on, 1 off, 2on, then the weekend off... i was like ok if thats how you wanna roll... so now we try to do back and biceps on mondays, chest and triceps on tuesdays, wednesdays down, thrusday is shoulder and traps, and then friday i do legs, so i have all weekend to recover..... i need this recovery time as i have to run the students M-W-Fridays so i cant kill legs on monday or i wouldnt be worth a shit for the run on wed.... understand??? i try to go heavy everytime i lift but somedays the other guys wanna just rep out like we kinda did today.... what ever works...
It's not bad to play around like that between super heavy and rep days. Have to make it fun. My problem is that I am so rushed that I have to kill it in an hour, and can't really "play" around with new things.

What supplements do you take? I always have to ask what your favorites are...

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2009, 07:55 PM   #32
nighttrain
Max Brawn
Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Air Hockey Average Champion! Football Frenzy Champion! Yahtzee! Champion!
Tournaments Won: 1

Training Exp: 20+
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

really the only staples i take are a multi, fish oil @ 4800mg per day, and then a creatine and of course whey protein.... as far as brands go: creatine- im taking N-gorge right now, i dont know if i like it or not.... im also taking Jacked from USlabs, kinda like it....
i also like Green Mag from Controlled labs.... and i just bought up a couple containers of german creatine mono-hydrate from primordial performance, they had a gr8 sale...

thats about it...
Old 08-04-2009, 07:57 PM   #33
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
really the only staples i take are a multi, fish oil @ 4800mg per day, and then a creatine and of course whey protein.... as far as brands go: creatine- im taking N-gorge right now, i dont know if i like it or not.... im also taking Jacked from USlabs, kinda like it....
i also like Green Mag from Controlled labs.... and i just bought up a couple containers of german creatine mono-hydrate from primordial performance, they had a gr8 sale...

thats about it...
I'm a fish oil guy. I just had a guy post a review of Controlled Labs green Mag yesterday. I want to try beta alanine and glutamine...someday when I have the cash.

Primordial Performance seems like a solid company.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:21 AM   #34
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn
Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
I'm a fish oil guy. I just had a guy post a review of Controlled Labs green Mag yesterday. I want to try beta alanine and glutamine...someday when I have the cash.

Primordial Performance seems like a solid company.
BA is great I love the feeling it gives you, I get great workouts on that shiz.
User owns 3x $30 I\'ll Pump You Up cash User owns 1x $20 I\'ll Pump You Up cash

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/

Certified Personal Trainer
Training and Nutrition at
www.flexfitnessandnutrition.com

"Take control and push your limits!"
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:30 AM   #35
nighttrain
Max Brawn

nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

DAY 16--- Morning--- Cardio----

good morning all! i did 2.5 miles this morning at a steady pace, nothing special on time. i was just looking for a good fat burn run.... i am steadily seeing improvements in BF composition, im loving it. i haven't been this lean in a while..... not that im really super lean but lean for me!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 07:33 AM   #36
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn
Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

Quote:

good morning all! i did 2.5 miles this morning at a steady pace, nothing special on time. i was just looking for a good fat burn run.... i am steadily seeing improvements in BF composition, im loving it. i haven't been this lean in a while..... not that im really super lean but lean for me!!!
This is all ways great news bro, keep pushing like you always do!
User owns 3x $30 I\'ll Pump You Up cash User owns 1x $20 I\'ll Pump You Up cash

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/

Certified Personal Trainer
Training and Nutrition at
www.flexfitnessandnutrition.com

"Take control and push your limits!"
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:43 PM   #37
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:

Run like the wind!

Serious, good job. I was a runner for a looong time. But more joints aren't as forgiving as yours

Old 08-05-2009, 06:54 PM   #38
nighttrain
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
Run like the wind!

Serious, good job. I was a runner for a looong time. But more joints aren't as forgiving as yours
lol i run for two reasons--- first being Uncle Sam says i have to, and secondly because im trying to drop BF and its good cardio since i have to do it anyways...
Old 08-05-2009, 06:55 PM   #39
nighttrain
Max Brawn

------------DAY 16 Wednesday 5 AUG---- EVENING

------ARMS-------

Today was just a make up for the last two workouts where i neglected my BIs and TRIs...

Seated BB curls--
75x15/ 95x8/ 95x8/ 95x7

Seated incline DB curls--- 30x20/ 35x15/ 40x11/ 25x 21---- AWESOME PUMP!!!

Twenty-ones--- 3 sets-- more pumpage!!!!

DB overhead extentions--- 90x12/ 95x10/ 100x10/ 105x7--- gr8 Pump

cable press downs- 72.5x12/ 80x10/ 87.5x10/ 95x10

v bar cable overhead ext--- 72.5x10/ 80x10/ 95x8

throw in the towel im spent..... freaking arms are PUMPED FROM HELL!!!

gr8 workout tonite, weighed in again today and im still at 201lbs and im dropping BF%..... i love TRANSFORM... i dont want this to end!!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 07:42 PM   #40
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:

Today was just a make up for the last two workouts where i neglected my BIs and TRIs...

Seated BB curls--
75x15/ 95x8/ 95x8/ 95x7

Seated incline DB curls--- 30x20/ 35x15/ 40x11/ 25x 21---- AWESOME PUMP!!!

Twenty-ones--- 3 sets-- more pumpage!!!!
I love 21's, and seated DB curls. But how do you perform seated BB curls?