Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:52 PM   #11
DieselWeasel
Elite Raw Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Whey Powder
DieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beast

Thanks, big swede.

Jump Squat: 175x3,3,3,3

Close-Grip Bench Press: 185x5, 175x5, 165x5, 155x5, 145x5

- The first set, 185x5, felt more difficult than it should've been, especially because I did 225x3 using this same grip width, a couple of months ago.

Dip: BW+90x8,4

- The 8th rep had a struggling and questionable completion and I failed either the 4th or 5th rep of the 2nd set, so I stopped there. These dips were shitty compared to my previous best couple of performances with BW+90.

- It's possible that I've been doing too much bench accessory training throughout the week, which could be why today didn't go as well as I wanted. Regardless, I decided that I'm probably going to switch from using a close grip to a wider grip again, starting Monday when I do 195x5 down to 155x5.

Jump Squat: 195x3,3,4

- I accidentally did a 4th rep during that last set.

Cybex Squat Press: sled + 630 (seven 45s per side) x 6,6,6

Walking Dumbbell Lunge: pair of 65s - three walks

(two dumbbell racks and back)

- I'm doing one session later today and then possibly one tomorrow, then I begin the intense cycle of Smolov on Monday, the first of November.

Supplement Comments

- I've been consistently using six capsules of Impac per training session, these past few times in the gym, and it seems to give me a slight mental edge, but doesn't get me jittery, which is cool.

- In regards to Rehab, I've been having two heaping tablespoons for the first of two PWO drinks (the 2nd being whey) after returning from the gym, every time. I still have a significant amount of DOMS, especially in my lower body, so I'm going to adjust my intake of Rehab by taking two more tablespoons before going to sleep, the days that I go to the gym.

RPS - Open 165 Raw - 07.13.13
1365 Elite/Pro Total (475,300,590)

Last edited by DieselWeasel; 10-30-2010 at 02:11 AM.
DieselWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2010, 06:26 PM   #12
bb12
Hulk!
Max Brawn
Points: 7,232, Level: 56 Points: 7,232, Level: 56 Points: 7,232, Level: 56
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

bb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributor

6 is the recommended dosage. I look at it this way... it was free dose the rehab how you want!
bb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:07 PM   #13
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn
Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

Looking cut bro! and yeah take Rehab post training and before bed. Post training only is working awesome for me, keep us posted on the pre bed addition.
User owns 3x $30 I\'ll Pump You Up cash User owns 1x $20 I\'ll Pump You Up cash

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/

Certified Personal Trainer
Training and Nutrition at
www.flexfitnessandnutrition.com

"Take control and push your limits!"
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:23 AM   #14
DieselWeasel
Elite Raw Powerlifter
Max Brawn

DieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beast

Cheat Curl + Push Press: 145x1, 155x1, 165x1, 175x1, 185x0,0,0

- I couldn't finish the curl in any of those three attempts with 185, but 175 was still a good PR for this lift because my bodyweight was 163.6 in the morning.

Bottom Underhand Close-Grip Bench Press: 215x1,1,1,1,1,1

Jump Squat: 225x3,3,3

Deadlift: 315 + short strong bands x 1

- According to the EFS short band chart, after measuring the height of where I finish the deadlift, this pair of bands should add ~220-230lbs at the top of the pull.

Smolov Intense Cycle
Week 1, Session 1

Squat: 360x4,4,4,5

- This first session annihilated me entirely too much, which was probably caused by two things. My CNS hasn't been stressed enough in the two weeks prior to the intense cycle, when I was only doing jump squats and other assorted stuff, as prescribed in the program. Also, the 1RM that I put in the spreadsheet was probably not adjusted down enough. It was 425 (reduced from 440) going into this session. After discussing the situation with a friend who's done Smolov, we agreed that I need to lower the 1RM to the 400-410 range.

Bench Press: 195x5, 185x5, 175x5, 165x5, 155x5

- I went back to using a wider grip with my pinkie fingers on the rings.

Supplement Comments:

- I recently began to increase the frequency of Rehab from just post-workout to also before I go to bed, if I went to the gym that day. It's too early to see any improvements in regards to DOMS, but I'm curious and will keep you guys updated.

- I realized that my tolerance to Impac might be too high. Should I raise the dose to 7 capsules per gym session, one over the recommended amount?

- I am in desperate need of a sponsor who can provide me with a consistent amount of whey protein (and possibly other supplements) because my income is being strained by both food and supps. Can you guys who rep AA tell me if that would be possible? Thanks.

Old 11-08-2010, 06:40 PM   #15
DieselWeasel
Elite Raw Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Squat: 365x3,3,3 and 345x5,5

- I lowered the training 1RM for Smolov from 425 to 405 after the Monday session, but this was still grueling and brutal as hell. I barely got through it, mainly because my lower back was sore from Monday, due to using too much back during the squats in that initial workout.

Seated Cable Row: 230x8,7,6

Squat: 325x4,4,4,4,4

- My left elbow was hurting from tendinitis about halfway into these working sets, but I pushed through the pain, finished the squats, and completed the other two movements for this session, after the squat.

Cheat Curl and Push Press: 155x1,1,1,1,1,1

- I did six singles with 88.5% of my 1RM, which is 175.

Neutral-Grip Pull-Up: BW+45x10,7,4

- I wanted to do more reps for the 2nd and 3rd sets, but I can try to improve that next time I do pull-ups, unless I do a few sets with BW+60 instead of BW+45x10,9,8 or 10,8,6.

^ This was the finished charcoal sketch that someone drew, using me as the portrait model, where I work. The earlier pic that I posted was done by the same person.

Supplement Comments:

- Nobody answered my question regarding increasing the dosage of Impac, so I'm still having six capsules each training session. I don't think that's enough. What do you guys think?

- I think the increased frequency of Rehab is alleviating some of my DOMS better than just PWO.

- Also, nobody got back to me after I asked about having AA sponsor me for at least my whey consumption.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:01 PM   #16
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselWeasel View Post
- Nobody answered my question regarding increasing the dosage of Impac, so I'm still having six capsules each training session. I don't think that's enough. What do you guys think?

- I think the increased frequency of Rehab is alleviating some of my DOMS better than just PWO.

- Also, nobody got back to me after I asked about having AA sponsor me for at least my whey consumption.
I'll wake AA up for you.

Picture is looking Hulk-tastic. Regarding your lower back, you just getting soreness, or any strain or weakness ?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 11-08-2010 at 07:04 PM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:03 PM   #17
dmaipa
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn
Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Fav Supp: Food
dmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machine

looking strong DW!

THE AIPA PROJECT | HAWAII FITNESS AND AWESOME KU LIFESTYLE BLOG

Youtube Channel: THE AIPA PROJECT

Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @theaipaproject
dmaipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:18 PM   #18
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn

rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I'll wake AA up for you.
Lol thanks Steve.

DW I think that if you have a high tolerance for stims that 7 would be fine. I have a high tolleramce also but feel 6 gives me enough focus and energy to get the job done and not to mention the good pumps and full feeling I get from it.

As for a sponsor to supply protein you would either have to rep for a protein maker or have a full blown sponsor. I think it would be hard to find someone to supply you with protein. Now I can't speak for AA as far as sponsorship as I'm just an athlete/rep.

I also want to apologize for not being more attentive to your log as I have just been swamped this past week. Feel free to pm me if you fail to get a response in a timely manner.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:24 PM   #19
bb12
Hulk!
Max Brawn
Points: 7,232, Level: 56 Points: 7,232, Level: 56 Points: 7,232, Level: 56
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

bb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributor

Sorry the reps have been slackin over here.

No, I wouldn't increase Impac dose. More of a great thing will just run the bottle short and it's dosed at 6 for a reason.

If you should increase, it's at the users discretion and AA dose not recommend that as a protocol for Impac

bb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:58 AM   #20
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn

How's it going DW?