Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Best protein with this stack? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4491)

maskedspear 10-19-2010 05:45 AM

Best protein with this stack?

Hi,

So I am going to be cycling Natadrol for 8 weeks and Formadrol+GHenerate as PCT for 4 weeks after...

My question is, which is the best protein powder to use; and should i look for one that has BCAA's etc in it?

- MS

BendtheBar 10-19-2010 07:00 AM

Hi MS and welcome to the forum.

Depending on your meals, you might need a casein or whey protein. For whey right now I prefer Scivation Whey, as it's fairly inexpensive and good quality. I'm not using a casein powder so I'll let someone else comment on that.

For BCAA supplementation I usually keep Optimum Nutrition's BCAA caps around have have a few with each meal. My diet is a little looser than most so I like to make sure I am getting my BCAAs. Here is what I use:

BCAA 1000 Caps - 1,000g of Essential Amino Aicds - On Sale Now! | Muscle & Strength

maskedspear 10-19-2010 07:18 AM

Thanks!

Ok, awesome - unfortunately cant seem to find a supplier in the UK that sells Scivation Whey :( is it worth using a casein powder? what are the benefits of it?

Yea, I was look at getting that BCAA supp - cheap and heard some good things about it!

- MS

BendtheBar 10-19-2010 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maskedspear (Post 87567)
Thanks!

Ok, awesome - unfortunately cant seem to find a supplier in the UK that sells Scivation Whey :( is it worth using a casein powder? what are the benefits of it?

Yea, I was look at getting that BCAA supp - cheap and heard some good things about it!

- MS

Pretty much any brand name whey will do you good. If you tell us a few that are available we can give you some feedback on what we think.

Casein is good before bed and in between meals, so if you rely heavily on protein powder in between major meals (which I do), it's a good choice.

maskedspear 10-19-2010 07:53 AM

I've been reading up on whey proteins and have found a couple that have gotten good reviews, i've put a couple below...

Nutrabolics HemoWhey
Universal Nutrition Ultra Whey Pro
MuscleTech Whey Protein Hardcore

Ok, yea, i'm quite reliant on protein between meals so I think I'll start having a look at using casein as well.

Thanks for the help by the way!!

BendtheBar 10-19-2010 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maskedspear (Post 87572)
I've been reading up on whey proteins and have found a couple that have gotten good reviews, i've put a couple below...

Nutrabolics HemoWhey
Universal Nutrition Ultra Whey Pro
MuscleTech Whey Protein Hardcore

Ok, yea, i'm quite reliant on protein between meals so I think I'll start having a look at using casein as well.

Thanks for the help by the way!!

No problem at all!

Universal has been around forever. If it's less expensive than Muscletech I would probably give it a try.

I'm not familiar with Nutrabolics, but if it receives good reviews and is cost effective I would give it a shot.

maskedspear 10-19-2010 08:29 AM

Yea i was thinking of using the Universal one - its the most cost effective and they seem to do honest products...

rippednmichigan 10-19-2010 08:34 AM

If you can get Dymatze Elite Gourmet whey, get the chocolate peanutbutter. Welcome to the forum by the way.

maskedspear 10-19-2010 08:47 AM

Yeaaa i can get that - I think, is this the right one you are talking about:

Dymatize Elite Gourmet

Out of curiosity, why is this a good one to use?

TitanCT 10-19-2010 09:22 AM

my current favorite whey is Inner Armour's Nitro Peak.

stacked and tastey!