Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:10 PM   #1
highkick09
Max Brawn
Points: 3,980, Level: 40 Points: 3,980, Level: 40 Points: 3,980, Level: 40
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

highkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributor
Exclamation avoid these 5 foods if you want to lose weight!

if you find that you consistently work out, eat right, yet feel gassy, bloated, tired and can’t lose weight. Often times this is a result of eating foods that are inflammatory- things that react poorly with your body, causing inflammation, disturbed gut function, impaired weight loss:

1. Grains- Bread is dead baby. Grains were domesticated only recently and as a result are still considered unnatural to our diet. They react poorly with our bodies and most people don`t handle them well. Dump the bagels (yes I do exhibit bagelism- hatred towards bagels).

2. Dairy- With all the hormones injected in our dairy and the lactose many people are intolerant to, dairy represents a no brainer to eliminate if your stomach just doesn`t feel right.

3. Artificial Sweeteners- Nothing Life is free and neither are zero calorie sweeteners. Studies have shown that these sweeteners can actually cause the same effect as regular sugar on your body, in addition to not being recognized by your body. While I`m not saying eat honey, I am saying be careful with the amount of artificial sweeteners you consume.

4. Soy- Once the golden child of nutrition, recently soy has come under fire for not being processed well in its highly concentrated form in the west. Poor regulations coupled with rumours of releasing phytoestrogens put this food off the good books.

5. Artificial Stimulants and Caffeine- Fat burners don`t work, they just waste your money. Caffeine rich sources, such as coffee and energy drinks provide a temporary boost in energy but cause a dramatic drain on your adrenal glands, which can elevate your cortisol (stress hormone). High stress equals a lack of weight loss and a craving for bad food. Bottom line is reduce the amount of coffee and other caffeine rich foods.

personal i still have cheese, these are still just recommendations if you feel you still havent lost weight yet!

all best!
highkick09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2010, 02:16 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

That's a strong list.

#5...well, if you have kids, stimulants are a win!

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:21 PM   #3
highkick09
Max Brawn

highkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributorhighkick09 is a dedicated contributor

yeah i also take stimulant lol :P and dont get rebound weight gain, why because i dont eat junk i eat healthy, i beleve fat burners can help , only if you have a senseble diet and clean eating

however everyone loves there cheat day
Old 06-29-2010, 06:56 PM   #4
sneezingstardust
Max Brawn
Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

sneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributor

I agree on the soy aspect, sweeteners, and even the stimulant aspect, depending on how much you take in...the rest is...well....debatable.

http://www.fortheloveofcookies.wordpress.com

-------

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." - George Bernard Shaw

"Start wide, expand further, and never look back." -Arnold Schwarzenegger
sneezingstardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:27 PM   #5
onetiredkris
Max Brawn
Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32

onetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributor

::sipps coffee::

...yeah whatever man =P

-OTK's LOG-
We lift weights and manipulate our diets so that we'll look good naked. Sure, it's healthy too, and we'll probably live a longer and more productive life than the average guy, but mostly it's about the naked thing.

onetiredkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:43 PM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I personally enjoy stimulation.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:20 PM   #7
highkick09
Max Brawn

i like stimulation to lol :P this if you just cant sem to lose weight lol, i also eat chesse to lol and still lose wieght so no inflammatory for me
Old 06-30-2010, 02:34 PM   #8
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn
Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Fav Supp: Lard
ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine

#2 - Dairy. Everyone DOES realize that the whey in your protein shakes is a dairy product...right?

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

ElementalVirago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:53 PM   #9
highkick09
Max Brawn

oh yeah true but i dont think as nearly as much as the dairy you would normally eat i ujust posted this up, to aid people not cause a rguement but member we are all muscel and brawn members who all like 1 of these 5 anyway lol :P
Old 06-30-2010, 03:09 PM   #10
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn
Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Fav Supp: Lard
ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by highkick09 View Post
oh yeah true but i dont think as nearly as much as the dairy you would normally eat i ujust posted this up, to aid people not cause a rguement but member we are all muscel and brawn members who all like 1 of these 5 anyway lol :P
Oh no, for sure...all good, man. I don't think anyone's arguing, just a lively discussion. I'm severely lactose intolerant so I'm on board with the dairy thing for the most part, just playing devil's advocate.

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

ElementalVirago is offline   Reply With Quote