Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   avoid these 5 foods if you want to lose weight! (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3665)

highkick09 06-29-2010 02:10 PM

avoid these 5 foods if you want to lose weight!

if you find that you consistently work out, eat right, yet feel gassy, bloated, tired and canít lose weight. Often times this is a result of eating foods that are inflammatory- things that react poorly with your body, causing inflammation, disturbed gut function, impaired weight loss:

1. Grains- Bread is dead baby. Grains were domesticated only recently and as a result are still considered unnatural to our diet. They react poorly with our bodies and most people don`t handle them well. Dump the bagels (yes I do exhibit bagelism- hatred towards bagels).

2. Dairy- With all the hormones injected in our dairy and the lactose many people are intolerant to, dairy represents a no brainer to eliminate if your stomach just doesn`t feel right.

3. Artificial Sweeteners- Nothing Life is free and neither are zero calorie sweeteners. Studies have shown that these sweeteners can actually cause the same effect as regular sugar on your body, in addition to not being recognized by your body. While I`m not saying eat honey, I am saying be careful with the amount of artificial sweeteners you consume.

4. Soy- Once the golden child of nutrition, recently soy has come under fire for not being processed well in its highly concentrated form in the west. Poor regulations coupled with rumours of releasing phytoestrogens put this food off the good books.

5. Artificial Stimulants and Caffeine- Fat burners don`t work, they just waste your money. Caffeine rich sources, such as coffee and energy drinks provide a temporary boost in energy but cause a dramatic drain on your adrenal glands, which can elevate your cortisol (stress hormone). High stress equals a lack of weight loss and a craving for bad food. Bottom line is reduce the amount of coffee and other caffeine rich foods.

personal i still have cheese, these are still just recommendations if you feel you still havent lost weight yet!

all best!

BendtheBar 06-29-2010 02:16 PM

That's a strong list.

#5...well, if you have kids, stimulants are a win!

highkick09 06-29-2010 02:21 PM

yeah i also take stimulant lol :P and dont get rebound weight gain, why because i dont eat junk i eat healthy, i beleve fat burners can help , only if you have a senseble diet and clean eating :)

however everyone loves there cheat day ;)

sneezingstardust 06-29-2010 06:56 PM

I agree on the soy aspect, sweeteners, and even the stimulant aspect, depending on how much you take in...the rest is...well....debatable.

onetiredkris 06-29-2010 07:27 PM

::sipps coffee::

...yeah whatever man =P

BendtheBar 06-29-2010 07:43 PM

I personally enjoy stimulation.

highkick09 06-30-2010 02:20 PM

i like stimulation to lol :P this if you just cant sem to lose weight lol, i also eat chesse to lol :) and still lose wieght so no inflammatory for me :D

ElementalVirago 06-30-2010 02:34 PM

#2 - Dairy. Everyone DOES realize that the whey in your protein shakes is a dairy product...right?

highkick09 06-30-2010 02:53 PM

oh yeah true but i dont think as nearly as much as the dairy you would normally eat :) i ujust posted this up, to aid people :) not cause a rguement :) but member we are all muscel and brawn members who all like 1 of these 5 anyway lol :P

ElementalVirago 06-30-2010 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highkick09 (Post 67247)
oh yeah true but i dont think as nearly as much as the dairy you would normally eat :) i ujust posted this up, to aid people :) not cause a rguement :) but member we are all muscel and brawn members who all like 1 of these 5 anyway lol :P

Oh no, for sure...all good, man. I don't think anyone's arguing, just a lively discussion. :) I'm severely lactose intolerant so I'm on board with the dairy thing for the most part, just playing devil's advocate.