Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:30 PM   #1
bb12
Hulk!
Max Brawn
Points: 7,232, Level: 56 Points: 7,232, Level: 56 Points: 7,232, Level: 56
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

bb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributor
Default Dan "SquatMonster" - Anabolic Addiction Sponsored Athlete

Please welcome Dan if you see him on the forums... true beast

Strongman/PowerLifter/MMA

Interview With Powerlifter Daniel Conner LoCascio
Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com

My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of All American EFX and they are my own.
bb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2010, 06:50 PM   #2
SQUATMONSTER
Brawn
Points: 1,023, Level: 17 Points: 1,023, Level: 17 Points: 1,023, Level: 17
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

SQUATMONSTER SQUATMONSTER SQUATMONSTER SQUATMONSTER SQUATMONSTER SQUATMONSTER SQUATMONSTER SQUATMONSTER SQUATMONSTER SQUATMONSTER SQUATMONSTER

Thanks for the introduction , so as you may have read my name is Daniel Conner from Illinois and I am the newest member of Team Anabolic Adddiction . I am a competitive powerlifter as well as I am returning to the sport of MMA.

I have been competing in strongman since 2001 and powerlifting since 2004. I have been fortunate to be blessed with great strength through faith and tons of hard work in and out of the gym .

I am a firm believer in proper diet and training but more importantly supplementation. I know there are so many different supplements on the market today that where does one know what works and what doesn't work? Well everyone has that question when starting out and or been in the supplement game for some time .

I am one that breaks down everything from supplements , dieting training and body mechanics - how the body works and what works the best for it . That is the main reason I was interested in AnabolicAddiction.net and their line of supplements .

Instead of just making a clone of the newest supplement on the market they took the time to do some research behind each ingredient and instead of just throwing a bunch of stuff together and giving it a cool name with a ton of marketing dollars behind it, they went a step further and did their homework .

I am glad to be the newest member of Team Anabolic Addiction and if I can help anyone out please feel free to drop me a line here on the board and hopefully as I have questions one of you can help me get them answered as well .

Squatmonster
SQUATMONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:54 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Good to have you on board. I've heard some amazing things about your squats and like most everyone hear would love to learn about your training and how you climbed the squat ladder.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:56 PM   #4
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

welcome to the forum it is great to have you here, I would love to hear more about your training and diet
Old 06-11-2010, 07:18 PM   #5
SQUATMONSTER
Brawn
Points: 1,023, Level: 17 Points: 1,023, Level: 17 Points: 1,023, Level: 17
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

SQUATMONSTER SQUATMONSTER SQUATMONSTER SQUATMONSTER SQUATMONSTER SQUATMONSTER SQUATMONSTER SQUATMONSTER SQUATMONSTER SQUATMONSTER SQUATMONSTER

I will start a log very soon , I really built my squats up fast because I hated them so much I always went so heavy each workout to hit them hard and get them done . I had the worst squat of anyone in strongman, I mean I was a picky competitor back then to the point if I seen there was any type of squat event I would find another show . Pretty sad but hey I am being honest .

It wasn't until I seen Chuck Vogelpohl from Westside Barbell do his first 1005 squat that made me think " I want to do that " . I mean I seen Chuck back then and he wasn't big at all , and I had no idea of what a squat suit was and or did . SO I started to look deeper into it .

Well I started to squat more for just size I mean I was just doing 315 for tons of reps and my form was horrible . Well I had this older weider bench that had spotter arms and squat attachment on the back well you could only go so wide because of the legs on this bench .

Well I started doing squats off the spot arms and feet wide as I could go and found that starting the squat in the bottom or near bottom position was tough until I pushed my feet out really hard against the legs of this bench .

That is when I started to do internet research on squatting and hip power and so on . So the next year or so I worked off that bench and then got a rack and so on . I also went beserk on the squats , I was squatting 3 times a week and was getting results .

Ill get more into the routines in a log as I am seriously tired right now as I had to train then grapple this evening already , but I am glad you are interested in how I built my squat .

I am thinking of doing a youtube video very soon of my raw squatting and so on so people can see exactly how I do things . I don't follow any typical training template as I train as my body allows me and so on , I mean as long as the numbers are there I know its working.

Plus you will see with my workouts , most say I am overtraining but I feel most people are seriously under-trained than over-trained. Thanks for your time .
SQUATMONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:25 PM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUATMONSTER View Post
Plus you will see with my workouts , most say I am overtraining but I feel most people are seriously under-trained than over-trained. Thanks for your time .
You won't get much resistance to that here.

Thanks for taking the time to post this up.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 06-11-2010 at 07:33 PM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:27 PM   #7
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

I am very excited for this log, I agree that most people undertrain and the program I am doing now would get trashed on most internet sites, but so far I am hitting PRs all over the place.

Glad to have you here, and thanks for the write up!
Old 06-11-2010, 07:27 PM   #8
bb12
Hulk!
Max Brawn
Points: 7,232, Level: 56 Points: 7,232, Level: 56 Points: 7,232, Level: 56
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

bb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributorbb12 is a dedicated contributor

Now you can see why we had to have Dan on the AA Family!
bb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:18 PM   #9
nighttrain
Max Brawn
Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 20+
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

welcome to the family Dan, looking to pick your brain on those huge squat numbers!!
Old 06-11-2010, 08:28 PM   #10
cooltom
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,358, Level: 20 Points: 1,358, Level: 20 Points: 1,358, Level: 20
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

cooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributor

Welcome Dan. I look forward to your training log and learning what I can from your experience.

Follow my progress: http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...-powerful.html
cooltom is offline   Reply With Quote