Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Cheap BCAAs (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3397)

jwood 05-28-2010 04:57 PM

Cheap BCAAs

Hey guys, I am looking for a good amino acid product to take pre-workout. I am training all the time and I do not think it is good for my body to take pre-workout formulas all the time, plus they are expensive. But amino acid products seem to be pretty expensive too.

I am really looking for the cheapest product possible, but something that is still quality. Or maybe there is something else I should do pre-workout, I have used most formulas and I desperately need to cycle off of them for an extended period of time, most products do not work for me. But mentally I need to take something pre-workout, and protein shakes make me feel a little queezy prior to workouts.

SciVation XTend - Amino Acids For Energy & Recovery - On Sale now! | Muscle & Strength

I think this is probably the best, but could get pricey if I took it 6-7 times a week.

OR maybe something like this???

BCAA POWDER 250 GRAMS

Trevor Lane 05-28-2010 05:00 PM

This is what I use:
Walmart.com: Body Fortress Super NOS Blast: Diet & Nutrition

it's got a bit of everything: Creatine, Glutamine, NO, BCAAs, B vitamins, caffein...

It's cheap and you can get it at Wal-Mart

jwood 05-28-2010 05:14 PM

LG Sciences BC+EAA - Amino Acids For Muscle Building! On Sale! | Muscle & Strength

Anybody tried this? This is probably the cheapest one I have found online and I like LG Sciences so far.

BendtheBar 05-28-2010 05:29 PM

I like ON BCAA caps:

BCAA 1000 Caps - 1,000g of Essential Amino Aicds - On Sale Now! | Muscle & Strength

I get 200 caps for $13. I'm not sure how this stacks up to powder. But I only take about 4 a day so they go a long way.

For $20 you can get twice as much.

rippednmichigan 05-28-2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwood (Post 59709)
LG Sciences BC+EAA - Amino Acids For Muscle Building! On Sale! | Muscle & Strength

Anybody tried this? This is probably the cheapest one I have found online and I like LG Sciences so far.

It's my favorite serious! It's all I use and I don't get a discount. All of there flavors are good, I'm waiting for the sale to start tonight and ordering 3! And by the way as I type this I'm sipping on the Blue Raz:chow:

rippednmichigan 05-28-2010 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwood (Post 59709)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 59713)
I like ON BCAA caps:

BCAA 1000 Caps - 1,000g of Essential Amino Aicds - On Sale Now! | Muscle & Strength

I get 200 caps for $13. I'm not sure how this stacks up to powder. But I only take about 4 a day so they go a long way.

For $20 you can get twice as much.

I believe IBB uses both of these.

cooltom 05-28-2010 07:08 PM

It's 13.29 for a pound of BCAAs at trueprotein. I typically order 2-3 pounds of a mixture of: 50% instantized BCAA, 25% instantized leucine, 25% glutamine for 13.25 per pound and it lasts for a few months.

BendtheBar 05-28-2010 07:08 PM

I use the LG Sciences stuff as well. It's cheap. I have to be fair I like Xtend better, but LG is cheaper.

rippednmichigan 05-28-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooltom (Post 59735)
It's 13.29 for a pound of BCAAs at trueprotein. I typically order 2-3 pounds of a mixture of: 50% instantized BCAA, 25% instantized leucine, 25% glutamine for 13.25 per pound and it lasts for a few months.

I drink 2-3 of these a day, I go through bcaa's like crazy. I'm also finishing up the last of my xtend. I really like that as well. There was a site selling the grape flavor for 12.99 but that is no more.

cooltom 05-28-2010 07:29 PM

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but Ripped, do you do that protocol of bcaas before at least 3 meals a day? I did it for about a month and felt like it had some positive effects on my body composition (I thought I looked a bit harder), but just couldn't afford to take that much.

Right now I take 20-30g BCAA intraworkout and 20g EAA afterwards.