Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Best diet? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3139)

Mombow111 05-05-2010 12:10 AM

Best diet?

Obviously the answer to this question will vary between individuals but I was wondering what everyone's experience with certain style of dieting was. Things like how much weight was lost, how hard was it, and how this influenced your strenght/endurance.

BendtheBar 05-05-2010 07:06 AM

I stumbled upon the Warrior Diet last year. I found that it was a lifestyle diet. The Warrior Diet was great for weight loss, but not so good for holding muscle. So I changed it, added protein in the morning, and am still using it :)

sneezingstardust 05-05-2010 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 53769)
I stumbled upon the Warrior Diet last year. I found that it was a lifestyle diet. The Warrior Diet was great for weight loss, but not so good for holding muscle. So I changed it, added protein in the morning, and am still using it :)

I would NEVER be able to do a diet like that :eek:

BendtheBar 05-05-2010 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneezingstardust (Post 53770)
I would NEVER be able to do a diet like that :eek:

I think it's the farmer/laborer in me. Work all day, feast then sleep at night.

sneezingstardust 05-05-2010 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 53780)
I think it's the farmer/laborer in me. Work all day, feast then sleep at night.

Well, I do something sort of like that...my biggest meal is right before bed, but I still eat throughout the day. I can't sleep with a rumbling tummy.

BendtheBar 05-05-2010 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneezingstardust (Post 53782)
I can't sleep with a rumbling tummy.

I can't sleep like that either.

My diet now is about 50% calories before my big nightly meal. So it's not a strict Warrior Diet in any sense. It is basically no/low carbs during the day though.

sneezingstardust 05-05-2010 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 53783)
I can't sleep like that either.

My diet now is about 50% calories before my big nightly meal. So it's not a strict Warrior Diet in any sense. It is basically no/low carbs during the day though.

Well I have all my carbs around my training, but I love my protein and fats at night...so I guess you could say I'm a bit hungry throughout the day, but then I have a huge salad and enough protein and fat to feel like I'm cheating :D

Contest dieting isn't as bad as people make it out to be ;)

Mombow111 05-05-2010 09:30 AM

That's how I always used to lose weight actually, starve myself all day (ad naseum) and then eat like 2 serving of dinner. And on friday/saturday binge. Of course my meal was always like lasagna or some **** so I came out of it more often than not looking like I had ancestral ties to a mythical stick people.

BendtheBar 05-05-2010 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mombow111 (Post 53797)
That's how I always used to lose weight actually, starve myself all day (ad naseum) and then eat like 2 serving of dinner. And on friday/saturday binge. Of course my meal was always like lasagna or some **** so I came out of it more often than not looking like I had ancestral ties to a mythical stick people.

Yeah that's the bad thing about this approach - muscle loss. The creator of this diet (Ori Hoffensomethingorother) mentioned that if you are a bodybuilder you should be trying for more daily protein.

BendtheBar 05-05-2010 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneezingstardust (Post 53791)
Well I have all my carbs around my training, but I love my protein and fats at night...so I guess you could say I'm a bit hungry throughout the day, but then I have a huge salad and enough protein and fat to feel like I'm cheating :D

Contest dieting isn't as bad as people make it out to be ;)

You have any carbs post-training?