Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:03 PM   #21
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocColossus View Post
Best diet...... I suggest shooting over to Waxys in Foxboro Saturday night for dinner after 7pm, I'll be there at that time, can't miss me. Grab a steak, cooked medium, with Champ mashed potatos, and whatever the veggie is for the day!

This is what I eat at least 2-3x weekly there. I suggest it!
Some time in the future I'll meet you there Doc...Steak and potatoes sounds F'ing awesome....It takes me about 45 minutes to hit Mansfield for concerts at Great Woods..no The Tweeter..no, The Comcast...eh hell, whatever they call that damn place..haha
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2010, 07:46 PM   #22
IronBuildingBlock
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,717, Level: 24 Points: 1,717, Level: 24 Points: 1,717, Level: 24
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

IronBuildingBlock is a consistent contributorIronBuildingBlock is a consistent contributorIronBuildingBlock is a consistent contributorIronBuildingBlock is a consistent contributorIronBuildingBlock is a consistent contributorIronBuildingBlock is a consistent contributorIronBuildingBlock is a consistent contributorIronBuildingBlock is a consistent contributorIronBuildingBlock is a consistent contributorIronBuildingBlock is a consistent contributorIronBuildingBlock is a consistent contributor

TNT Diet, Low Carb (about 30g's per day). It has been the best diet I have ever been on and the easiest one I have ever followed (no counting calories, just had to learn to not overeat, (it was sometimes hard to do on carb-up day). You just eat Low Starch Veggies, Protein from anywhere, and of course Fats. I always found it hard to find the perfect Macro's that worked for me, because depending on what and when I ate I would one day have a bunch of energy and the next day feel light headed and blah. I found out I had a low blood sugar issue and since being on this diet blood sugar level remains constant. I have also been cutting while on this diet and have noticed no issues with recovery either. I have always heard that you needed carbs, (especially post workout) in order to recover. Who knows but it's working for me, and the digestive system has been perfect if you know what I mean, lol
IronBuildingBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:17 PM   #23
Trevor Lane
I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn
Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: A few
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: T-Bomb II
Trevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beast

I've been paleo since January and love it.
Trevor Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:45 PM   #24
SwollPuppy
Brawn
Points: 317, Level: 6 Points: 317, Level: 6 Points: 317, Level: 6
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

SwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricka182 View Post
I got the best weight loss results when on a Cyclical Keto Diet(CKD)...I was also miserable all day
The CKD diet was the best one for me. I was starting to get comments from random people. Some were congratulating me for the weight loss. Other people were worried that I had contracted something fatal. I got off of it when the migraine auras started to become more frequent.

I'm Keto right now (which sounds similar to TNT and Atkins and others) Basically, low to no carb, high fat and protein. I try to go for an even split of fat and protein. I have a carb meal once a week to keep the body from adapting and keep metabolism up. Once I have a contest date in mind, I'll probably return to CKD.
SwollPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:28 AM   #25
Maiar
Brawn
Points: 1,067, Level: 17 Points: 1,067, Level: 17 Points: 1,067, Level: 17
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Maiar has made some quality postsMaiar has made some quality postsMaiar has made some quality postsMaiar has made some quality postsMaiar has made some quality postsMaiar has made some quality postsMaiar has made some quality posts

My diet so far since I began lifting has been peanut butter, meat and bread and washing everything down with milk. It's worked thus far but I want to start tweaking it to improve my results and increase my longevity. More fresh fruit and veg would be a very welcome addition.
Maiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:22 AM   #26
sneezingstardust
Max Brawn
Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

sneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiar View Post
My diet so far since I began lifting has been peanut butter, meat and bread and washing everything down with milk. It's worked thus far but I want to start tweaking it to improve my results and increase my longevity. More fresh fruit and veg would be a very welcome addition.
Wow. That sounds uh. Healthy.

http://www.fortheloveofcookies.wordpress.com

-------

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." - George Bernard Shaw

"Start wide, expand further, and never look back." -Arnold Schwarzenegger
sneezingstardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:40 AM   #27
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Lane View Post
I've been paleo since January and love it.
Do you have any idea of how your body composition has changed since that time? ...as in how much fat you've lost and muscle you've gained?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:09 PM   #28
Kpettitt
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Brawn
Points: 2,298, Level: 28 Points: 2,298, Level: 28 Points: 2,298, Level: 28

Kpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributorKpettitt is a consistent contributor

I'm with Sneezy... I don't mind the Comp diet. I LOVE quinoa and chicken (eating it for lunch now) so I really don't have too much problem staying 'clean' I love to eat cottage cheese and PB before bed so thats always in there. I do cycle my carbs out at night, replace them with Fats. (obviously keeping them pre/post workout as well) And of course- clean Protein with every meal!
My comments have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by Anabolic Addiction, LLC.
kpettitt@anabolicaddiction.net
Kpettitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:17 PM   #29
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quinoa with chicken and salsa are uber for me! Yummo.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:07 PM   #30
Maiar
Brawn
Points: 1,067, Level: 17 Points: 1,067, Level: 17 Points: 1,067, Level: 17

Maiar has made some quality postsMaiar has made some quality postsMaiar has made some quality postsMaiar has made some quality postsMaiar has made some quality postsMaiar has made some quality postsMaiar has made some quality posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneezingstardust View Post
Wow. That sounds uh. Healthy.
hahaha. I do eat vegetables I just want to add more variety and time my meals better.
Maiar is offline   Reply With Quote