Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:26 PM   #1
BackwoodsCerealKiller
becoming masochistic...
Brawn
Points: 1,821, Level: 25 Points: 1,821, Level: 25 Points: 1,821, Level: 25
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 1.5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: bench/c&p tossup
Fav Supp: what doesn't bite back?
BackwoodsCerealKiller has made some good postsBackwoodsCerealKiller has made some good postsBackwoodsCerealKiller has made some good postsBackwoodsCerealKiller has made some good postsBackwoodsCerealKiller has made some good postsBackwoodsCerealKiller has made some good postsBackwoodsCerealKiller has made some good postsBackwoodsCerealKiller has made some good posts
Default kinda feel like a douche bag...

i was always an eat eat and eat kind as far as diet goes while lifting. I sat down and did some math after some enlightening reading and found out that all of my past weight gains were pure luck... my calorie intake could vary as much as 600-1200 calories from day to day.. but wow i kinda feel like an idiot... but i feel better... i always thought i was just a hard gainer... not that even tho i ate my ass off i still just wasn't getting what i needed.

but ok... i've said i am a college student dorms and all that... i live in the dorms at the moment and eat cafeteria food... only problem there is i can explode before i get what i need... i know... i lost 4 pounds the first two weeks of this session
but any body have any ideas on weight gainers with the best ratio of cheap to effective?

found one on the store link that's pretty good... just gotta make every dime count for now...
I no longer fear for myself. Now, I fear for you. The pain has tempered my body and my spirit and has steeled my resolve. I WILL succeed. I WILL win. However long it takes. Simply put, MY will is the stonger.
BackwoodsCerealKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2010, 11:31 PM   #2
CallmeKing
Max Brawn
Points: 3,800, Level: 38 Points: 3,800, Level: 38 Points: 3,800, Level: 38
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

CallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributor

I dont know if you can get a blender and mini fridge in your room but, my favorite homemade weight gainer is

16oz milk
4 tbsps peanut butter
2 scoops whey protein (vanilla)
1-2 bananas

Cheaper than anything you can get at stores but you will need a mini fridge and blender. Fell free to add any fruit you want or ice depeding on the texture you're going for.

btw it's 1000+ cals

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies with in us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
CallmeKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:41 PM   #3
BackwoodsCerealKiller
becoming masochistic...
Brawn

BackwoodsCerealKiller has made some good postsBackwoodsCerealKiller has made some good postsBackwoodsCerealKiller has made some good postsBackwoodsCerealKiller has made some good postsBackwoodsCerealKiller has made some good postsBackwoodsCerealKiller has made some good postsBackwoodsCerealKiller has made some good postsBackwoodsCerealKiller has made some good posts

hadn't thought about the peanut butter... and you use whole milk i bet..
they got 2% at the cafeteria ... i usually take 2 and some bananas to mix in... come with the meal plan so why not?
I no longer fear for myself. Now, I fear for you. The pain has tempered my body and my spirit and has steeled my resolve. I WILL succeed. I WILL win. However long it takes. Simply put, MY will is the stonger.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:41 PM   #4
Mombow111
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,550, Level: 22 Points: 1,550, Level: 22 Points: 1,550, Level: 22

Mombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good posts

Well, I don't know about recently but last year I ordered a bunch of IDS smart gainer and Muscle Juice, the former being my preference in taste, and additives. There are a few things you can be doing if your not already, you dining hall might have hard boiled eggs on a salad line or something of the sort which is always good. Most of the food there, especially the meats are essentially sodden with oil/fats and makes for a pretty anabolic meal. Whole milk, with every meal. My dining halls place PB out with the rest of the condiments in gigantic tubs. I mean, there's no way that ****s natural, but hell, why turn down free calories.
Mombow111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:43 PM   #5
BackwoodsCerealKiller
becoming masochistic...
Brawn

haven't seen that kinda stuff every day... i'll start checkin tho... and probably hoard a little...
Old 04-28-2010, 11:56 PM   #6
Mombow111
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,550, Level: 22 Points: 1,550, Level: 22 Points: 1,550, Level: 22

Mombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good posts

My meal plan seems to be a tad different then yours, we just use a debit system and buy whatever foods/sides we want here... my all time guilty pleasure though is cheese, I gnaw that **** off the block. Actually I've got some in my hand right now as a matter of fact. Besides for pb, if your really really really desperate for calories you can try dairy cream, or condensed milk in your protein shakes (but you might as well be drinking olive oil fyi). Also I'd pick up some dextrose (I think that the right sugar, not 100% though) from you super market and through that stuff in. And CMKs recipe looked good, I've made drinks like that before - I think they have protein shakers that double as blenders if you've got some change to spare.
Mombow111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:36 AM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Bump.

I don't know much about weight gainers. But if you can get some almonds, peanut butter (goes great as a healthy snack with dark chocolate), whole milk it can help.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:33 AM   #8
BackwoodsCerealKiller
becoming masochistic...
Brawn

I have a fridge a blender already... about to need a new blender i think... every time i use it it smells like somethings burning... but anyway... ya those CmK's recipe is going to be getting used alot i think... but no my school has one plan... swipe your card to eat and if you do that at the cafeteria you get unlimited food for an hour and a half... lunch is where i get most of my carbs in... they let us cook for ourselves i usually have whats on the line and then make me a plate of chicken in stir fry and rice or alfredo... ya i'm at Crowder by the way
Old 04-29-2010, 11:13 AM   #9
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Are you allowed to get single burners?

Walmart.com: Aroma Single-Burner Portable Electric Range Hot Plate: Appliances

I had something like this and would make Ramen or mac and cheese in the dorm for extra, cheat calories.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:41 AM   #10
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

I go with guv'nor Arnold's suggestion - snack on peanust whole day long - they have a nice macro profile. And if you need to check the efficacy of peanuts, just google up Bill "Peanuts" West.

... or click here - http://ditillo2.blogspot.com/2009/09...liederman.html

Last edited by kitarpyar; 04-29-2010 at 11:44 AM.
kitarpyar is online now   Reply With Quote