Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:18 PM   #1
knudci
New Brawn
Points: 197, Level: 3 Points: 197, Level: 3 Points: 197, Level: 3
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

knudci is off to a bad start
Default How do you load creatine, etc...?

What do all of you do when loading? I have read there are many different ways. Also what do you take it with? Juice, dextrous. I would like to know what all of you do.

Big Kev
knudci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2010, 06:12 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

If it's your first time using creatine, I would recommend trying 5 grams per day and not loading at all, just to test run it. I don't need to load, and great fast near immediate results from 5 grams per day.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:12 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Welcome to the forum btw.

Old 03-05-2010, 06:45 PM   #4
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

The above advice is pretty sound if you are a first time creatine user.

I don't really do any loading either.. I just start taking it whenever I start bulking..between 5g and 10g on workout days, and 5g on off days..

And welcome to the forums x2!
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:54 PM   #5
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

I agree with all. It has been proven even though a lot of people will argue it. But there isn't a need to load, unless anymore than 5g's a day ( average build beginner) you feel like flushing it down the toilet. Thats were it ends up. You Pee out anything extra.

There are your exceptions, like me I have M.S. and people with M.S. have naturally low creatine levels.(many many people even with M.S.don't know this)

I even supplemented it when I wasn't hitting the weights.

But back to point: Loading is only sociological for people there is no benefit.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:25 PM   #6
Trevor Lane
I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn
Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: A few
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Supp: T-Bomb II
Trevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beast

I would argue that unless you don't eat red meat and/or are doing a high rep workout you don't need a creatine supplement. I'd have to do some digging, but I recently read an article on research that showed creatine supplementation only provided an advantage past 12-15 reps of an exercise set and no advantage to lift more weight in low reps. And welcom to the forum

http://www.chaosandpain.com/content/...end-owning-you

Last edited by Trevor Lane; 03-30-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Trevor Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:26 PM   #7
knudci
New Brawn
Points: 197, Level: 3 Points: 197, Level: 3 Points: 197, Level: 3
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

knudci is off to a bad start

Thanks everyone. So if I'm not receptive to creatine should I use more then 5 grams per day? Should I take it PWO?
knudci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:29 PM   #8
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Lane View Post
I would argue that unless you don't eat red meat and/or are doing a high rep workout you don't need a creatine supplement. I'd have to do some digging, but I recently read an article on research that showed creatine supplementation only provided an advantage past 12-15 reps of an exercise set and no advantage to lift more weight in low reps. And welcom to the forum
I must have not been clear. He was asking about loading creatine. and the more than 5g's a day. You have to eat around 10 lbs of red meat to get 5g of creatine.

Supplementing creatine is a must if you work out to gain size. The rep range you speak of, taking creatine is just for the energy/longevity, not the inner fiber advantage.
Lower reps it is fully for the recovery of the fibers and keeping them full of water.

knudci :
Pre and post Work outs is the best.

Last edited by Rich Knapp; 03-30-2010 at 06:40 PM.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:36 PM   #9
strkout35
Max Brawn
Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

strkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
I must have not been clear. He was asking about loading creatine. and the more than 5g's a day.

O heck ya, supplementing creatine is a must if you work out. I agree.

knudci :
Pre and post Work outs is the best.
i think he was saying that it was not necessary. Some people think that you're body can't absorb anymore than you eat in red meat so it's useless but some people have fantastic gains with it

_________Goals:__
Squat:______275
Deadlift:_____315
Bench:______185
Press:_______135

"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe"
strkout35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:39 PM   #10
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

I get noticeable strength benefits from creatine. But as I have mentioned, I'm very receptive to creatine. I hit all my PBs on bench and overhead press during an extended run. My issue with creatine is that it gives me such brutal back pumps that I can't tolerate it anymore.