Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:17 PM   #11
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

It is about balance. I count protein every day, but I do make sure - even when cutting - that I make room for a Little Debbie or a frozen pizza once a week.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2010, 05:08 PM   #12
onetiredkris
Max Brawn
Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

onetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributor

I eat super clean on the weekdays just so i can pound a burrito and some tecates on weekend nights.

It may be personal but its on topic, my digestive system cant keep up with a bodybuilders diet... I just throw way tooo much whole food at it. Once that burrito and alcohol arrive, they clean house and I wake up looking leaner than ever sunday morning.

-OTK's LOG-
We lift weights and manipulate our diets so that we'll look good naked. Sure, it's healthy too, and we'll probably live a longer and more productive life than the average guy, but mostly it's about the naked thing.

onetiredkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:13 PM   #13
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post
I eat super clean on the weekdays just so i can pound a burrito and some tecates on weekend nights.

It may be personal but its on topic, my digestive system cant keep up with a bodybuilders diet... I just throw way tooo much whole food at it. Once that burrito and alcohol arrive, they clean house and I wake up looking leaner than ever sunday morning.
I'm the same way. If I run a cheat day once every 2-4 weeks, whatever, I flush and wake up 2 to 3 days later down 2 to 5 pounds. And that weight generally stays off the scale.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:25 PM   #14
onetiredkris
Max Brawn
Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

onetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I'm the same way. If I run a cheat day once every 2-4 weeks, whatever, I flush and wake up 2 to 3 days later down 2 to 5 pounds. And that weight generally stays off the scale.
thats a big ditto.

-OTK's LOG-
We lift weights and manipulate our diets so that we'll look good naked. Sure, it's healthy too, and we'll probably live a longer and more productive life than the average guy, but mostly it's about the naked thing.

onetiredkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:09 PM   #15
sneezingstardust
Max Brawn
Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

sneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributor

Haha, I guess I'm the only retarded person on this board that doesn't have regular cheat meals!! Maybe a couple times a year?

This year's cheat meals: post-comp sugar coma, and Christmas.

Last edited by sneezingstardust; 02-25-2010 at 06:12 PM.
sneezingstardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #16
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneezingstardust View Post
Haha, I guess I'm the only retarded person on this board that doesn't have regular cheat meals!! Maybe a couple times a year?

This year's cheat meals: post-comp sugar coma, and Christmas.
Well I also have "cheat seasons"...from November to the end of December.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:33 AM   #17
sneezingstardust
Max Brawn

sneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Well I also have "cheat seasons"...from November to the end of December.
LOL cheat SEASONS?!? That's awesome.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:12 PM   #18
Grip-N-Rip
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,478, Level: 21 Points: 1,478, Level: 21 Points: 1,478, Level: 21
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Grip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good posts

I make a trip ot IHOP every sunday morning for blueberry multigrain pancakes with eggs and sugar free syrup. I dont need big cheat meals, just something a little different.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:51 PM   #19
sneezingstardust
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip-N-Rip View Post
I make a trip ot IHOP every sunday morning for blueberry multigrain pancakes with eggs and sugar free syrup. I dont need big cheat meals, just something a little different.
That sounds delicious! I love IHOP. I find it very upsetting that Canada does not have them...what's the point of it being an INTERNATIONAL house of pancakes if it's not international!?!?

/roid rage
Old 02-27-2010, 03:29 PM   #20
folkprophet
Brawn
Points: 657, Level: 13 Points: 657, Level: 13 Points: 657, Level: 13
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

folkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality posts

Quote:
(1) Refusal to maintain body fat at a healthy level (defined in women as the level necessary for normal menstrual cycles to take place) accompanied by a desire to maximize muscle mass.
This could be abnormal if someone REFUSED to EVER do it. How many bodybuilders refuse to be at a healthy level though? Desire to maximize muscle though? Uh...

Quote:
(2) Intense fear of gaining fat or losing muscle, even though body fat is below normal, as defined above, and degree of muscularity is far above average.
Once again...could be a problem if it was INTENSE. Normal fear of gaining fat is...well...normal. And anyone who works their butt of in the gym lifting is going to fear losing muscle.

Quote:
(3) Strict adherence to a rigid diet with at least 2 of the following features:
Strict adherence to anything doesn't mean anything. It just means choice. Those who disagree with the choice want to label it bad because they don't get it.

Quote:
(a) At least 5 meals per day, consumed on a regular schedule, for example every 3 hours.
Why on earth is this a problem? Why would this be on the list at all? Total utter nonsense.

Quote:
(b) Meals all consist of high-calorie, high-protein, low-fat foods or food supplements.
Common current bodybuilding thinking is that lowfat is not a good thing. Beyond that...what does any of this have to do with 'disorder'?

Quote:
(c) A significant amount of time and money is spent acquiring, preparing and eating these specialized meals.
Like others have said...spending time on something important to you isn't a bad thing Why is fitness treated this way. I practice my guitar a lot and it's applausable. Save up and buy a new guitar. All cool. Pay for private instruction? Good for you. But I put effort and money into diet and woe be unto me.

Quote:
(4) Disturbance in the way in which one's body composition is experienced or undue influence of body appearance on self-evaluation.
This could be problematic if extreme. This is something that we all (people...not bodybuilders) need to be realistic about. We are who we are.

Quote:
(5) Social and occupational opportunities are frequently given up because they interfere with the composition or timing of meals.
This one pissed me off the worse. If I'm not willing to down a plate of cookies every time the family gets together I have a disorder?!?! Yes, I stopped going to the weekly family cookie night. Yes, when they have a pizza party at work I don't join in. Guess I need psychological treatment.

Realistically, I can see it being taken too far. But anything can be taken too far. Ultimately, the principles behind bodybuilding have been nothing but a blessing in my life.

This article makes me mad.
folkprophet is offline   Reply With Quote