Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 01-08-2016, 02:42 PM   #1
peachstreetboy
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 1.5 serious
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: deadlift
Fav Supp: stim heavy pre workouts
peachstreetboy is a lifting beastpeachstreetboy is a lifting beastpeachstreetboy is a lifting beastpeachstreetboy is a lifting beastpeachstreetboy is a lifting beastpeachstreetboy is a lifting beastpeachstreetboy is a lifting beastpeachstreetboy is a lifting beastpeachstreetboy is a lifting beastpeachstreetboy is a lifting beastpeachstreetboy is a lifting beast
Default Supps and mental health

So I have been having some, eh, mental issues. Mood swings. Really short tempered. Depressed. Angry. A lot of this stuff disappeared 2.5 years ago when I quit drinking. Not sure if it was sudden return or if it just got bad enough to affect relationships. I have an appointment to see a shrink, but was wondering if there is a chance my use of supps is messing with my head. I quit taking them all for 3 weeks and didnt notice much difference. I take creatine, whey (cheap Wal-Mart) and have been using 1mr vortex po.
Old 01-08-2016, 03:57 PM   #2
BigJosh
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Doggcrapp
Fav Exercise: Choking the Chicken
Fav Supp: Vodka and loose Women
BigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite member

I don't think non hormonal supplements would impact you in the way you described. Could you possibly be over trained and need a week off? I am doubtful that would be the issue, but I think it could be possible

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 04:23 PM   #3
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 8
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachstreetboy View Post
So I have been having some, eh, mental issues. Mood swings. Really short tempered. Depressed. Angry. A lot of this stuff disappeared 2.5 years ago when I quit drinking. Not sure if it was sudden return or if it just got bad enough to affect relationships. I have an appointment to see a shrink, but was wondering if there is a chance my use of supps is messing with my head. I quit taking them all for 3 weeks and didnt notice much difference. I take creatine, whey (cheap Wal-Mart) and have been using 1mr vortex po.
Hormones could also cause all of these symptoms. Might get that checked.

Getting focused to get better.

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

My training Log
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 05:59 PM   #4
peachstreetboy
Max Brawn

peachstreetboy is a lifting beastpeachstreetboy is a lifting beastpeachstreetboy is a lifting beastpeachstreetboy is a lifting beastpeachstreetboy is a lifting beastpeachstreetboy is a lifting beastpeachstreetboy is a lifting beastpeachstreetboy is a lifting beastpeachstreetboy is a lifting beastpeachstreetboy is a lifting beastpeachstreetboy is a lifting beast

Thanks that's kinda what I thought. Thinking that I had these issues and masked them by drinking heavily for most of my adult life. Kicked that and started lifting and felt great, but the newness has worn off. See what shrink has to say.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:20 PM   #5
yangwenbin
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Complete Chaos!
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: milk
yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!

I think to some extent what you eat could also affect your mood in a good or bad way. Maybe something to look into. Good luck, Dan!

Training log
yangwenbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:26 PM   #6
charger69

charger69 is off to a bad start

Quality sleep is a huge issue. I have a new job where I don't have to work nights anymore, I feel much better.
charger69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:25 PM   #7
JTM811
Brawn

Training Exp: Off and on 15 years
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts or Squats
JTM811 is a consistent contributorJTM811 is a consistent contributorJTM811 is a consistent contributorJTM811 is a consistent contributorJTM811 is a consistent contributorJTM811 is a consistent contributorJTM811 is a consistent contributorJTM811 is a consistent contributorJTM811 is a consistent contributorJTM811 is a consistent contributorJTM811 is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachstreetboy View Post
Thanks that's kinda what I thought. Thinking that I had these issues and masked them by drinking heavily for most of my adult life. Kicked that and started lifting and felt great, but the newness has worn off. See what shrink has to say.
Well congrats on your sobriety, I don't think enough can be said of that triumph. Any number of factors could be at play in your life, even if not big life changers, small sh*t compounding over time will do the trick also. Either way, you recognize that there may be a problem and are looking to try and address it which is the biggest hurdle. Hope you get things figured out and get on a better path man, good luck bro.
JTM811 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 01:29 AM   #8
Ramrod
"1400" in 2016
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 14
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Steak
Ramrod is one with Crom!Ramrod is one with Crom!Ramrod is one with Crom!Ramrod is one with Crom!Ramrod is one with Crom!Ramrod is one with Crom!Ramrod is one with Crom!Ramrod is one with Crom!Ramrod is one with Crom!Ramrod is one with Crom!Ramrod is one with Crom!

I would see your GP first and get blood work done. See if it is Hormonal. If it's not hormonal then your GP can proscribe the same Meds as a Shrink can. Before you start any meds that effect your mental status. Research them and talk it over with your Dr.

I don't know you or your History... Maybe just talking stuff over with a Shrink weekly is all you need.

I know a lot of guys I work with that have to take Happy pills daily. A lot of it around stims around PTSD.

Proudly sponsored by
www.RAMRODREVIEWS.com
Meet PR's: 480/320/520 Total: 1320 @180
GYM PR's 520/340/550 = 1,410

instagram @ramrodreviews #RRR
Powerlifting Routines

Last edited by Ramrod; 01-09-2016 at 08:25 AM.
Ramrod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 12:51 AM   #9
peachstreetboy
Max Brawn

Thanks for the replys. This place is great for postive feedback. Hate to think what replys I would have gotten on some other forums.

Well I'm nuts. Depression, anxiety, rejection issues, and lack of emotional maturity due to being a drunk sence I was 18. Damn no wonder I drank. Got a follow up with a psychiatrist to discuss the happy pill option to help me jump start dealing with shit. Also got an appointment with a gp to get blood work done.