Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Should I have a Re-Feed Day? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1881)

BendtheBar 01-31-2010 12:00 PM

Should I have a Re-Feed Day?

I've been hard at cutting all month, and have stuck strictly between 2300 to 2600 calories each day. I have lost 19 pounds.

Should I allow myself a cheat day/meal today? Mentally I know this might be good for leptin levels, but I don't have cravings for "more" food. Thoughts?

glwanabe 01-31-2010 12:07 PM

Yes.

In the long run your not going to hamper anything.

What do you want?

BendtheBar 01-31-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glwanabe (Post 23818)
Yes.

In the long run your not going to hamper anything.

What do you want?

I'm not craving anything. That's one of the reasons I like the Warrior Diet style of eating.

I think if I do cheat, I will just add in a lunch today. Nothing big though.

I thought about eating chips or ice cream, but don't want a food hangover tomorrow.

glwanabe 01-31-2010 12:41 PM

Ice cream! I skipped Ice Cream yesterday.

kman025 01-31-2010 03:10 PM

not totally related to this, but it made me think of this.

this week i started with th spike approach. after yesterdays cheat, i woke up feeling lean and mean, and actually noticed small progress... thanks BTB

BendtheBar 01-31-2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kman025 (Post 23865)
not totally related to this, but it made me think of this.

this week i started with th spike approach. after yesterdays cheat, i woke up feeling lean and mean, and actually noticed small progress... thanks BTB

You're welcome. Cheat days do wonders for the next workout.

kman025 01-31-2010 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 23874)
You're welcome. Cheat days do wonders for the next workout.

too bad i dont go heavy on sundays :(. maybe i will go heavy presses since i skipped them yesterday.

Kpettitt 01-31-2010 03:42 PM

You should deffinatly do a re-feed!! I do one or two a week!! I'm eating low carb and stay around 110g a day with over 200g of protein, then on my re-feed I eat 135g of protein, and 380g of carbs.... its crazy!! I think I like the idea of a re-feed day better than a cheat meal day because I feel more incontrol. It sounds like you are the same way- afraid a cheat meal with mess up your whole plan?> Re-feeds I pick the foods- I know what the macros are, and I don't feel like I've done any damage to my diet. You should look into that. And I still ate ice cream on my re-feed day. I had a pumpkin fried soy ice cream dessert. Pumpkin, soy ice cream rolled in multigrain cereal, then drizzled with agava. Clean yet affective! lol

BendtheBar 01-31-2010 03:51 PM

I ate a pound of ground turkey with ranch dressing, and had a roll to go with it. Re-feed done.

onetiredkris 01-31-2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 23905)
I ate a pound of ground turkey with ranch dressing, and had a roll to go with it. Re-feed done.

Thats a sweet refeed!

Are you on any lowcarb type diets?
I generally make my refeeds a huge carb meal.