Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 06-26-2015, 02:38 PM   #1
jack3d14

jack3d14 is off to a bad start
Default Mutant Pro 100 Protein

Has anyone tried any of the Pro 100 proteins by Mutant? Looking to switch up my protein and try something new.
jack3d14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2015, 06:26 PM   #2
Ramrod
Road to 1300
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 14
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Steak
Ramrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master member

Never tried that one.. Don't know much about it.
instagram @ramrodreviews
"LOGBOOK" for 10% off and Free Stuff from www.Prowriststraps.com
Ramrod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 01:46 PM   #3
jack3d14

alright, I might just take the plunge and see myself
Old 07-10-2015, 11:41 PM   #4
BravenFenix
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 04/2013
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Caffeine
BravenFenix is a lifting beastBravenFenix is a lifting beastBravenFenix is a lifting beastBravenFenix is a lifting beastBravenFenix is a lifting beastBravenFenix is a lifting beastBravenFenix is a lifting beastBravenFenix is a lifting beastBravenFenix is a lifting beastBravenFenix is a lifting beastBravenFenix is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack3d14 View Post
Has anyone tried any of the Pro 100 proteins by Mutant? Looking to switch up my protein and try something new.
Whey/Casein/Hydro, doesn't matter. Proteins protein. Find one that has minimal crap in it and stick to it. The only thing people can give an opinion on is the taste. It's not like a pre-workout or something that you can actually feel the difference.

Instagram: https://instagram.com/bravenfitness

Training Log: http://muscleandbrawn.com/forum/show...918#post517918
BravenFenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 12:21 AM   #5
Ramrod
Road to 1300
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 14
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Steak
Ramrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravenFenix View Post
Whey/Casein/Hydro, doesn't matter. Proteins protein. Find one that has minimal crap in it and stick to it. The only thing people can give an opinion on is the taste. It's not like a pre-workout or something that you can actually feel the difference.
Not really true at all. Not all proteins are equal.... Whey is best taken post workout only. Whey will spike your insulin. Which makes it a bad choice to take before bed or evenings. Casein is a Slow protein and is ideal for evenings and bedtime for Gainers. Hydrolyzed is just a fancy word for charging your More money for Protein... Hydro. is the a process done to increase the uptake of the protein. Basically breaking it down for you.. Whey is already plenty fast enough. And Hydro. to Casein defeats the use of Casein.. I'm not 100% sure how much faster is actually makes it, but who cares. it's not needed and don't pay extra for it.
instagram @ramrodreviews
"LOGBOOK" for 10% off and Free Stuff from www.Prowriststraps.com
Ramrod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 02:18 AM   #6
BravenFenix
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 04/2013
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Caffeine
BravenFenix is a lifting beastBravenFenix is a lifting beastBravenFenix is a lifting beastBravenFenix is a lifting beastBravenFenix is a lifting beastBravenFenix is a lifting beastBravenFenix is a lifting beastBravenFenix is a lifting beastBravenFenix is a lifting beastBravenFenix is a lifting beastBravenFenix is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
Not really true at all. Not all proteins are equal.... Whey is best taken post workout only. Whey will spike your insulin. Which makes it a bad choice to take before bed or evenings. Casein is a Slow protein and is ideal for evenings and bedtime for Gainers. Hydrolyzed is just a fancy word for charging your More money for Protein... Hydro. is the a process done to increase the uptake of the protein. Basically breaking it down for you.. Whey is already plenty fast enough. And Hydro. to Casein defeats the use of Casein.. I'm not 100% sure how much faster is actually makes it, but who cares. it's not needed and don't pay extra for it.
Good point, but any solid food basically saves to same purpose as casein powder (slow absorbing), so in terms of functionality the only thing missing is a whey, whether concentrated, isolate, or a blend.

Instagram: https://instagram.com/bravenfitness

Training Log: http://muscleandbrawn.com/forum/show...918#post517918
BravenFenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 10:25 AM   #7
gaspers04
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Just eat......

LOAD YOUR PLATE, LOAD YOUR BAR!
~ Roger Ryan
gaspers04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 01:49 PM   #8
jack3d14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravenFenix View Post
Was just looking for an opinion on the product itself. And different proteins have different amino acid profiles, they're not all equal.
Old 07-21-2015, 01:59 PM   #9
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Haven't tried that one, but I don't have super high hopes for it. Check these for good options.

https://labdoor.com/rankings/protein

Also, tiger fitness machine whey is my current stuff, its working out well, good price, good people working on it.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:56 PM   #10
robsorangegym
Hillbilly Lifter
Brawn

Training Exp: on and off my entire life
Training Type: Get In Shape
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Huge Gainer
robsorangegym is a dedicated contributorrobsorangegym is a dedicated contributorrobsorangegym is a dedicated contributorrobsorangegym is a dedicated contributorrobsorangegym is a dedicated contributorrobsorangegym is a dedicated contributorrobsorangegym is a dedicated contributorrobsorangegym is a dedicated contributorrobsorangegym is a dedicated contributorrobsorangegym is a dedicated contributorrobsorangegym is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
Haven't tried that one, but I don't have super high hopes for it. Check these for good options.

Also, tiger fitness machine whey is my current stuff, its working out well, good price, good people working on it.
I haven't tried the protein listed by the OP. I'm a big fan of MTS whey as well Brute, especially the Red Velvet Cake. Which one have you been mixing with your beer? Before or after you bottle it?
robsorangegym is online now   Reply With Quote