Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:36 AM   #11
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I imagine there has to be some sort of tipping point when the body starts dipping low in bodyfat...just speculating though.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2010, 08:53 PM   #12
ole grunt
New Brawn
Points: 107, Level: 2 Points: 107, Level: 2 Points: 107, Level: 2
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

ole grunt is off to a bad start

Actually plan on starting it tomorrow. I went to the store today and stocked up on a few things I think I am going to need (at least for a while) like fresh blueberries (instead of frozen), some extra almonds, etc. I would be interested in knowing if you guys found adding the extra protein in during the undereating helps. I am going to start out pretty strict though, because I plan on using this for fat loss. I have become mayor of the "plateau" and am hoping this will be the radical change my body needs to get me over the hump (or under, as the case may be), as I am trying to get to the 10% or lower BF range. I can stand losing a little strength in order to get there and gain it back later. Anyway, I'll provide an update after I've been on it for a while.
ole grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:08 PM   #13
RickB
Max Brawn
Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

RickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good start

Quote:
Originally Posted by ole grunt View Post
Actually plan on starting it tomorrow. I went to the store today and stocked up on a few things I think I am going to need (at least for a while) like fresh blueberries (instead of frozen), some extra almonds, etc. I would be interested in knowing if you guys found adding the extra protein in during the undereating helps. I am going to start out pretty strict though, because I plan on using this for fat loss. I have become mayor of the "plateau" and am hoping this will be the radical change my body needs to get me over the hump (or under, as the case may be), as I am trying to get to the 10% or lower BF range. I can stand losing a little strength in order to get there and gain it back later. Anyway, I'll provide an update after I've been on it for a while.
It didn't seem to help me but I might be a rare bird. I'm certain I have a form of hypogycemia and when my bodyfat get's low. The protein did not help me. I suffered severe energy crashes. So I eat well balanced meals with NO simple sugars. About 5 or 6 a day as well as a couple protein shakes. I'm still dropping pounds.

So maybe do this. Continue on your WD, add a little extra protein and if you notice your energy crashing when your BF gets low, ease into smart meals. You may not have that problem...not sure til you try it.
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:36 PM   #14
Grim83
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

im on it right now, but im finding that im not losing weight, and that im staying between 198-200, but getting leaner so
User owns 1x Super Squats

No Bullshit no problems

My Blog- http://grim83.blogspot.com/
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:55 PM   #15
ole grunt
New Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
It didn't seem to help me but I might be a rare bird. I'm certain I have a form of hypogycemia and when my bodyfat get's low. The protein did not help me. I suffered severe energy crashes. So I eat well balanced meals with NO simple sugars. About 5 or 6 a day as well as a couple protein shakes. I'm still dropping pounds.

So maybe do this. Continue on your WD, add a little extra protein and if you notice your energy crashing when your BF gets low, ease into smart meals. You may not have that problem...not sure til you try it.
Thanks, I have been using the 6 controlled meals a day for a few years, and have had good success up until about 6 months ago when I stopped progressing in any area. I have tried altering my workouts/splits, etc. but have just been "stuck" for too long now, so I am going to give it a shot. I appreciate the advice and I actually hope I make it to the point you are at, where my BF is low enough to cause energy issues.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:43 PM   #16
ole grunt
New Brawn

Default Day 1

Started the WD today and for the most part, I feel fine. I really didn't struggle with hunger too bad throughout the day. I had a handful of almonds around 10, an apple around noon, and a carrot about 3:00. I did begin to feel hungry about 30 minutes before my workout and just downed a huge glass of water. I began to feel a little light-headed toward the end of my workout, but it was leg day and that occasionally happens to me anyway. The odd thing is, that after my PWO shake (25 grams whey in 10 oz water) I was so full I was miserable and had to force myself to eat my veggies an hour later. That is very unusual for me because I tend to have a voracious appetite. About 30 minutes ago I choked down about 12 oz. of Turkey with a little cheddar cheese (I know its not the best on WD, but needed some more fat), and right now I am dreading eating my carbs because it feels like my stomach is about to bust. I have about an hour and half left before my feast window closes and will probably wait until the end to take in the carbs. Anyway, I didn't have any energy problems during my workouts or anything and other than feeling extremely bloated, I feel pretty relaxed and pretty good.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:57 PM   #17
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

After about the third day, I really started to have great energy during the day.

I am using a modified WD right now...800 calories of primarily protein during the day, and I'm not losing muscle. I think you could go less...sip whey all morning...maybe 500 calories worth, and it would help for preventing muscle loss and retaining strength.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:58 PM   #18
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim83 View Post
im on it right now, but im finding that im not losing weight, and that im staying between 198-200, but getting leaner so
What exactly are you eating Grim? I find it unusual you're not losing weight on this diet. What are your daily/nightly calories.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:06 PM   #19
ole grunt
New Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
After about the third day, I really started to have great energy during the day.

I am using a modified WD right now...800 calories of primarily protein during the day, and I'm not losing muscle. I think you could go less...sip whey all morning...maybe 500 calories worth, and it would help for preventing muscle loss and retaining strength.
I know you are are WD veteran, so let me ask, would you recommend me taking in the protein shakes during the day right now, or should I just stick with the raw veggie snacks and almonds for now to maximize fat loss? Just curious what your experiences have taught you. Thanks by the way for putting this site together. I know it must be alot of work, but I really like this site and it seems that most of the members here are very loyal. Awesome site!
Old 03-08-2010, 09:17 PM   #20
Grim83
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
What exactly are you eating Grim? I find it unusual you're not losing weight on this diet. What are your daily/nightly calories.
not sure, but im fine not losing weight, im just cycling between 198 and about 200, and like i said im getting leaner slowly but surely
User owns 1x Super Squats

No Bullshit no problems

My Blog- http://grim83.blogspot.com/
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote