Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   teens and supps (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1799)

kman025 01-27-2010 03:50 PM

teens and supps
 
so should teenagers pretty much stick to vitamins, whey, and creatine?

and other shit like glutamine(sp), amino acids, ect (i think these are pretty useless).

i've seen guys on bb.com take ph's which i would NOT do, because of side affects and already high test levels as a teen.

also some take thermals, but im guessing these too are stupid.

just wondering????

CallmeKing 01-27-2010 03:53 PM

I pretty much fell the same whey(pun intended). I think a multi,creatine,whey protien, and a good weight gainer for extra calories is all you really need. Although I haven't done to much research on glutamine, BCAA's(which are in my whey), ZMA's, test boosters, etc. I fell like I don't need any of them. Once I become more experience on those topics I might start.

kman025 01-27-2010 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CallmeKing (Post 22285)
I pretty much fell the same whey(pun intended). I think a multi,creatine,whey protien, and a good weight gainer for extra calories is all you really need. Although I haven't done to much research on glutamine, BCAA's(which are in my whey), ZMA's, test boosters, etc. I fell like I don't need any of them. Once I become more experience on those topics I might start.

i just got that $50 so was wondering ;)

i could use some whey, so i'll probably go with just that

CallmeKing 01-27-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kman025 (Post 22286)
i just got that $50 so was wondering ;)

i could use some whey, so i'll probably go with just that

A lot of whey will have some BCAA's and Glutamine in it. Nice job let me know what you pick up on.

BendtheBar 01-27-2010 04:03 PM

Some people have a fit about teens and creatine. The jury is still out, as far as I understand it.

I would check out products like Scivation Essential FA and Scivation Xtend...


http://www.muscleandstrength.com/sto...scivation.html

Essential FA has fish oil/EFAs which is good for a hard working teen.


http://www.muscleandstrength.com/sto...ion-xtend.html

Xtend is a very reputable BCAAs product with glutamine.


Those 2, along with a multivitamin and whey protein are a good start.

After that I like an NO product.

kman025 01-27-2010 04:07 PM

i guess whey is where i'll go.

like CMK said, a lot of whey products contain BCAA's and glutamine.

also i cant see these things making a huge difference.


BTB, thanks though for the links and all the helps.

currently i have fish oils and a multi.

BendtheBar 01-27-2010 04:10 PM

Check out Muscle Gauge whey.

kman025 01-27-2010 04:15 PM

whats a protein blend?

BendtheBar 01-27-2010 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kman025 (Post 22295)
whats a protein blend?

It's a blend of either fast digesting proteins...like whey isolate and whey concentrate...

..or a blend of fast and slow digesting proteins like whey and casein.

Whey blends are slightly cheaper they pure whey isolate. Isolate is 90%+ pure protein, concentrate is 70 to 85% pure whey. A blend gives you higher quality with a reasonable price.

kman025 01-27-2010 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 22298)
It's a blend of either fast digesting proteins...like whey isolate and whey concentrate...

..or a blend of fast and slow digesting proteins like whey and casein.

Whey blends are slightly cheaper they pure whey isolate. Isolate is 90%+ pure protein, concentrate is 70 to 85% pure whey. A blend gives you higher quality with a reasonable price.

thanks


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.