Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Beta-Alanine and Creatine (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1798)

BendtheBar 01-27-2010 02:45 PM

Beta-Alanine and Creatine

Anyone run beta-alanine with creatine? I've been reading some promising info on their use as a combo, but have never used BA to date.

nighttrain 01-27-2010 02:50 PM

i tried a product last year that had beta and creatine in it, i liked it, it made me feel tingly all over... kinda freaked me out the first time i used it but it seemed to work...

i only got it as a sample so no real extended use info from me.

BendtheBar 01-27-2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nighttrain (Post 22256)
i tried a product last year that had beta and creatine in it, i liked it, it made me feel tingly all over... kinda freaked me out the first time i used it but it seemed to work...

i only got it as a sample so no real extended use info from me.

Thanks NT. I know Brainum over at Iron Man is a fan of this combo. I might stack them next time I hit creatine mono.

rippednmichigan 01-27-2010 05:04 PM

I have a couple tabs of BA left, like Train said it makes feel all tingly. I love it, you can get at a good price at Nutra, this what I have Beta Alanine Tabs (100 tablets) By: NutraPlanet

BendtheBar 01-27-2010 05:14 PM

Did you guys take this stuff pre-workout?

rippednmichigan 01-27-2010 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 22330)
Did you guys take this stuff pre-workout?

I did yes.

BendtheBar 01-27-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rippednmichigan (Post 22334)
I did yes.

Thanks bubba.

I'm wondering how this whole chemistry shiznit would workout with:

Creatine
NO
Beta-Alanine
Palo Alto ATP Tabs

I might just explode into a fiery inferno and melt the universe.

velocityrob 01-29-2010 05:18 AM

BA seems to beneift form a loading phase more than creatine, and doses through out the day are also said to help.
I use Purple Wraath as both EAA support and for the BA. I aim for one scoop as an intra (sometimes added to SizeOn) and 2 more scoops/drinks later in the day.
I do love the tingles. Parapsatism? Spelled wrong, for sure.

BendtheBar 01-29-2010 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by velocityrob (Post 22921)
BA seems to beneift form a loading phase more than creatine, and doses through out the day are also said to help.
I use Purple Wraath as both EAA support and for the BA. I aim for one scoop as an intra (sometimes added to SizeOn) and 2 more scoops/drinks later in the day.
I do love the tingles. Parapsatism? Spelled wrong, for sure.

Thanks VR. Good info to know. Any thoughts on how much to load during loading phase?

I heard that Jerry Brainum had some opinions on the beta-creatine topic, and I'm intereste to read his thoughts.

DocColossus 01-29-2010 07:31 AM

I use White Flood Pre workout and Purple Wraath Intra workout, and throw in 10g creatine along with 10g glutamine for the intra drink...

The tingles went away after a few days of use (only lasted about 20 minutes when I would get them in the first place)...

Not sure how I feel about the combo so to speak, but I am happy with the Wraath regardless!