Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 08-01-2014, 02:37 PM   #1
SCStrong
Max Brawn
Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: One more than last year
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: The ones that make me cry
Fav Supp: Beer; Milk is for Babies
SCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master member
Default Getting TESTy..... Test Supplement Advice

I may have asked this before ( If so, please forgive me) I am looking forr a Test Booster that works. I am mid forties and starting to show signs of low test. Not ready to try the TRT path yet. ( Need more research)

Any suggestions? Tips? Tricks? Lies? Discoveries?
Old 08-01-2014, 05:26 PM   #2
Sandbox
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,325, Level: 29 Points: 2,325, Level: 29 Points: 2,325, Level: 29
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%

Training Exp: 28
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Dead Cow
Sandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributor

Hey SC-

I'm just going to throw this out there cuz I'm sure some will share a similar opinion.

I'm 52 and still making decent gains natural. Maybe because of my stint with steroids in the 80s. Maybe good genetics. Who knows. One thing is clear though: this will come to an end and my test numbers will begin to drop.
At that point I will not be able to compete drug free because I'll go on TRT faster than you can say "low T".

Long-winded to get to this: I would spend more time researching TRT prior to a testosterone boast.
Sandbox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 06:29 PM   #3
SCStrong
Max Brawn
Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40

Training Exp: One more than last year
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: The ones that make me cry
Fav Supp: Beer; Milk is for Babies
SCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
Hey SC-

I'm just going to throw this out there cuz I'm sure some will share a similar opinion.

I'm 52 and still making decent gains natural. Maybe because of my stint with steroids in the 80s. Maybe good genetics. Who knows. One thing is clear though: this will come to an end and my test numbers will begin to drop.
At that point I will not be able to compete drug free because I'll go on TRT faster than you can say "low T".

Long-winded to get to this: I would spend more time researching TRT prior to a testosterone boast.
Thanks. I have neither good genetics nor any experience with steroids ( not against them - just never had the chance / exposure )...... that being said, I was looking for a " boost" before I went the full medical route.....

In your opinion - are test boosters a waste of time or is TRT just a more effective option?
Old 08-01-2014, 08:03 PM   #4
Sandbox
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,325, Level: 29 Points: 2,325, Level: 29 Points: 2,325, Level: 29
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%

Training Exp: 28
Fav Supp: Dead Cow
Sandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributor

They are...IMHO. I base this on expense and quality.

Much like most of us PLrs - I have drug free buddies, 'juiced' buddies..hell, I even have a few friends who lift geared. Most of the guys I know 'on' get their stuff through U/G labs. Hit or miss for some.
However, your source from a physician will be pharmaceutical. They'll be some expense but it's the old joke right? "Why is divorce so expensive....cuz its worth it".

The boosters have really no quality control whatsoever.

SC...I've tried to stay on top of the trend. I think I'm two years away myself.

I do think I have a good perspective as one who was 'on' years ago and one who looks toward TRT one day. The reason I say that is most naturals are zealots and kid themselves with boosters ...and on the other side...most who are 'on' lie and understate their usage. If you can find someone up on the current usage and quality ....they can give you a better sense. You should hit up Soldier on PM. He's a straight shooter who will share his knowledge.
Sandbox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:30 AM   #5
Ramrod
Max Brawn
Points: 5,943, Level: 49 Points: 5,943, Level: 49 Points: 5,943, Level: 49
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 12
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: FOOD
Ramrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master member

I haven't found a Natural Test Booster that really really shows huge improvements. DAA seems to work ok when your levels are low. Tends to work better on older men or younger during PCT... That's really the only one I'd try. PH's are roller coasters. PCT can be tricky with PH's as well.

TRT is the way to go. But finding a good Doc. willing to actually work with you can knows or is willing to research for you as well is tough. I know a few on TRT and only a few get decent amounts and actually are doing it good. Couple of things... You want weekly Shots, not EOW crap. You'll be up and down and bad mood swings.

I have low T and still havne't been put on TRT. I was 220 and the bottom line was 200 on their graph. He wouldn't help me out.I was 33 at the time and was that low and that's normally range by the charts they use... BS

Going to try again at 35 and see what happens.
Ramrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:18 AM   #6
Ryano
Max Brawn
Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 30
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

With over the counter test "boosters" such as DHEA, you are looking at some side effects that can be serious. Not that testosterone is without risk, but minimal. TRT is the way to go, if you can get a script. Being older than dirt (58) I got on TRT at my doc's suggestion, not mine.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:41 PM   #7
fenrisulfr
Peanut Butter Member
Max Brawn
Points: 10,634, Level: 68 Points: 10,634, Level: 68 Points: 10,634, Level: 68

Training Exp: 4
Fav Supp: Chicken breast
fenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite member

Test boosters are a waste of money. Supplement companies love to sell them because they make tons of money. Save your money and spend it on good foods that help your hormones, mainly fats, vitamin and mineral rich veggies, berries, and fruits. Some supps can help you get boners if that's all your looking for. Otherwise, go see a endocrinologist and talk about trt.
fenrisulfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:16 AM   #8
GZeolla
Banned
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,123, Level: 18 Points: 1,123, Level: 18 Points: 1,123, Level: 18
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: Since 1973 (with breaks)
Training Type: 4 Day Split
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Organic, natural foods
GZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributor

About a decade ago I was diagnosed with low T levels. The endocrinologist my doctor sent me to was a complete idiot, so I experimented with many sups that supposedly raised T levels. All were a total waste of money. But then I researched about dietary and exercise protocols for raising T levels. I made those changes, and tripled my T levels into the middle of the normal range. And they remain there to this day, even though I’m now 53. I discuss those protocols in depth in a chapter my “Eating Plan” book:

http://www.fitnessforoneandall.com/b...view/ggfep.htm
GZeolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:22 AM   #9
Greg B.
Brawn
Points: 1,462, Level: 21 Points: 1,462, Level: 21 Points: 1,462, Level: 21
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 6 Years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Barbell rows
Greg B. has made some good postsGreg B. has made some good postsGreg B. has made some good postsGreg B. has made some good postsGreg B. has made some good postsGreg B. has made some good postsGreg B. has made some good postsGreg B. has made some good posts

Might want to get your T level checked first to see if your test really is low or if what you're feeling is related to something else. Then consider either a Test booster or TRT if suggested by the MD. If you do end up going the booster route, during your search, check out Test Charge Hardcore from AAEFX. Alot of positive reviews from it.

Main Website: http://www.aaefx.com/
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/allamericanefx
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @allamericanefx
Instagram: @aaefx

*My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of All American EFX and they are my own*
Greg B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:38 AM   #10
WBnATL
New Brawn
Points: 1,420, Level: 21 Points: 1,420, Level: 21 Points: 1,420, Level: 21
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: DB Shoulder Presses
Fav Supp: EFX Karabolyn
WBnATL is new to the forumWBnATL is new to the forumWBnATL is new to the forum

I'm over 45 and feel that I have the same problem at time...low test levels. Nonetheless, I haven't slowed down in the gym. Still just as active and stronger than I was when I was in my 30's. I am currently taking test charge hardcore, but have used other brands prior. Being over 45, any help naturally is a plus for me.

Main Website: http://www.aaefx.com/
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/allamericanefx
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: #allamericanefx
Instagram: @aaefx

*My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of
All American EFX and they are my own*
WBnATL is offline   Reply With Quote