Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Tribulus Warfare (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1679)

BendtheBar 01-12-2010 11:56 AM

Tribulus Warfare

Here's the scoop. I am constantly battling with a member on another forum over tribulus, and other test boosters. He is hardcore natty - as in all supplements are evil - and continually tells other forum members that tribulus and test boosters are useless.

I reply that they work to a varying degree, depending on the individual. I get benefit from them being an old fart. Morning wood comes back, and that isn't a placebo. I can't will hardons while sleeping. I also comment that PH users utilize test boosters en masse during PCT.

Personally, I believe that for the average Joe, trib and other test boosters can help normalize/regulate test levels, but they are by no means a magic pill.

What are your thoughts on tribulus and other test boosters? Are they useless, or do they have value?

jhuse2 01-12-2010 01:02 PM

I don't know about test. boosters. I wouldn't mind trying them later or adding them to my supplements when I work out. If I were to buy some, would brand do you recommend?

swoleramon 01-12-2010 01:39 PM

I always thought all test boosters were junk?

kitarpyar 01-12-2010 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 19447)
What are your thoughts on tribulus and other test boosters? Are they useless, or do they have value?

No experience with any of this stuff. But last year, I was looking for some amino acid from Scivation and the lady at the GNC heard me wrong and thought I was asking for some kind of a test booster.

She started lecturing me about how young men have no business dabbling with test boosters since they dont derive much benefit and they are best left to the 40+ lifters (for whom, apparently, they are very useful - she attested that her 45 year old husband found the test boosters extremely useful, but advised a 20-something me to stay away from them).

As to the effectiveness of supps, this year is an interesting experiment for me - I am completely off supps (even not taking any protein shakes). Let me see if I can still make decent gains with just food and basic lifts.

RickB 01-12-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitarpyar (Post 19456)
No experience with any of this stuff. But last year, I was looking for some amino acid from Scivation and the lady at the GNC heard me wrong and thought I was asking for some kind of a test booster.

She started lecturing me about how young men have no business dabbling with test boosters since they dont derive much benefit and they are best left to the 40+ lifters (for whom, apparently, they are very useful - she attested that her 45 year old husband found the test boosters extremely useful, but advised a 20-something me to stay away from them).

As to the effectiveness of supps, this year is an interesting experiment for me - I am completely off supps (even not taking any protein shakes). Let me see if I can still make decent gains with just food and basic lifts.

I think she is confusing it with PH's. What she said would apply to PH's but not a natural test booster. Key words = natural test booster. This boosts your natural levels...not giving you synthetic means of test.

I'll come clean now and let you guys know that I have my 15yr old son on a natural test booster. He's making gains, but I have no fear of it messing up his system AT ALL! He's been forgetting to take them on his second bottle, but he is still making gains. He's gone up 30 lbs on his bench since the beginning of this school year. But really I think he probably would have despite the test booster.

Now having said that. Placebos have their place in this world. And I think Natty test boosters are both slightly effective and very placebo for some. If that's what works for you then go with it. I never told my son of me having doubts about them. ;)

BigFiveFive 01-12-2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickB (Post 19457)
I think she is confusing it with PH's. What she said would apply to PH's but not a natural test booster. Key words = natural test booster. This boosts your natural levels...not giving you synthetic means of test.

I'll come clean now and let you guys know that I have my 15yr old son on a natural test booster. He's making gains, but I have no fear of it messing up his system AT ALL! He's been forgetting to take them on his second bottle, but he is still making gains. He's gone up 30 lbs on his bench since the beginning of this school year. But really I think he probably would have despite the test booster.

Now having said that. Placebos have their place in this world. And I think Natty test boosters are both slightly effective and very placebo for some. If that's what works for you then go with it. I never told my son of me having doubts about them. ;)

I support test boosters I believe they do help and like to run them with supplement stacks...I actually need to pick one up :dunno2:

And the reason for my quote Rick, Be careful with Adam taking those, too much excess test converts into estrogen over time, we dont want that for the boy.

RickB 01-12-2010 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFiveFive (Post 19458)
I support test boosters I believe they do help and like to run them with supplement stacks...I actually need to pick one up :dunno2:

And the reason for my quote Rick, Be careful with Adam taking those, too much excess test converts into estrogen over time, we dont want that for the boy.

I appreciate your comment. But like I stated, he's pretty much not even taking them anymore. But I'd be REAL curious what actual clinical test results on such look like on someone who is post 35 or 40.

jwood 01-12-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickB (Post 19460)
I appreciate your comment. But like I stated, he's pretty much not even taking them anymore. But I'd be REAL curious what actual clinical test results on such look like on someone who is post 35 or 40.

Rick, what brand test booster do you have him on??

I have tried a few but I feel that I am too young to judge these and only took these just because I got good deals on them. I am 21 yrs old, so I do not think they would help me very much at all.

RickB 01-12-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwood (Post 19468)
Rick, what brand test booster do you have him on??

I have tried a few but I feel that I am too young to judge these and only took these just because I got good deals on them. I am 21 yrs old, so I do not think they would help me very much at all.

Axis Labs HyperTEST. Yeah at 21, your own test levels would probably drown any boosting effect ;) Oh man I wish I would have been lifting at that age! ;)

BendtheBar 01-12-2010 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickB (Post 19474)
Axis Labs HyperTEST. Yeah at 21, your own test levels would probably drown any boosting effect ;) Oh man I wish I would have been lifting at that age! ;)

I kid you not, my first 6 months of lifting I grew chest hair like mad. I'm not sure if it was test related. I was 18 at the time.