Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 01-12-2010, 06:48 AM   #11
nighttrain
Max Brawn
Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 20+
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

^^^ good one Val
Old 03-07-2010, 08:42 PM   #12
ole grunt
New Brawn
Points: 107, Level: 2 Points: 107, Level: 2 Points: 107, Level: 2
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

ole grunt is off to a bad start

Quote:
Originally Posted by big valsalva View Post
Hey, you make my ancestors sound like savages. Thanks.

If God didn't want us to eat animals, He wouldn't have made them out of meat.
He also wouldn't have made them so tasty! I just had me a nice lean steak about 30 minutes ago myself and forgot that there was anything else on my plate until the steak was gone.
ole grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:53 PM   #13
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ole grunt View Post
He also wouldn't have made them so tasty! I just had me a nice lean steak about 30 minutes ago myself and forgot that there was anything else on my plate until the steak was gone.
Lucky duck. Plain ol' burgers for me. By the way, that pretty much describes how I eat steaks. It reminds me of a scene from King of the Hill where Hank is at one of those healthy juice/smoothie places and says, "I'll just have a regular orange juice. And make it regular. I don't need any nutrients. I'm having a steak later."

Oh, I don't think I've welcomed you, ole grunt. Howdy.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:35 PM   #14
onetiredkris
Max Brawn
Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32

onetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by big valsalva View Post
It reminds me of a scene from King of the Hill where Hank is at one of those healthy juice/smoothie places and says, "I'll just have a regular orange juice. And make it regular. I don't need any nutrients. I'm having a steak later."
HAHAHAHA that's my all time favorite hank quote.
Good job bringing it up, people need to get the nutrient priorities straight!!

-OTK's LOG-
We lift weights and manipulate our diets so that we'll look good naked. Sure, it's healthy too, and we'll probably live a longer and more productive life than the average guy, but mostly it's about the naked thing.

onetiredkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:35 AM   #15
Trevor Lane
I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn
Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: A few
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: T-Bomb II
Trevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beast

From the diet research I've done, mainly leading to my decision to go paleo, even the fat is good. If your carb intake is low, you'l turn it into blood sugar and here's the most important part, that form of blood sugar is the only form your brain can use. So, peolple who do not get enough fat in their diet are stupid. And anyone who thinks that anything besides dietary sugar and starch is responsible for the fat globs of goo the people in this country (US)have become is stupid. I'm even making it a point to eat organ meat once a week, which caccording to the USDA should kill me by the time I turn 40. We'll see.
Trevor Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:03 AM   #16
BRaWNy
Pain Master
Max Brawn
Points: 3,850, Level: 39 Points: 3,850, Level: 39 Points: 3,850, Level: 39

Training Exp: ~23 years
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Back Squat
Fav Supp: Fish-oils
BRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributor

As far as I know, if someone has bloodtype "0", he would not have any problems with beef (red meat and its fat), and digesting it.
The other blood types have some issues with beef (red meat).
For example blood type "A", can not handle red meat, but is OK with poultry and fish.
Either is he natural or not.

The paleo man was blood type "0".
The other blood types were developed later, when the humans started slowly to cultivate grains etc and hunt less etc

Therefor someone who has blood type "0", can handle more the beef, but have problem with grains and starch, and someone who has "A" can handle more the grains and have problems with beef (red meat).

From experience:
I'm blood type "0", and when I diet, the only thing I don' t have problem from grains and starch, is basmati rice and yams.
All the other starches, makes it for me hard to get cutted, or if you want, makes it hard for the last weeks.
With beef no problem at all.

Last edited by BRaWNy; 03-08-2010 at 03:11 AM.
BRaWNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:25 AM   #17
quicksilver0587
Brawn
Points: 764, Level: 14 Points: 764, Level: 14 Points: 764, Level: 14
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: Get In Shape
Fav Supp: Creatine
quicksilver0587 is new to the forumquicksilver0587 is new to the forumquicksilver0587 is new to the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Lane View Post
If your carb intake is low, you'l turn it into blood sugar and here's the most important part, that form of blood sugar is the only form your brain can use.
Wat?... Only odd-chain fatty acids (the last 3 carbons) can go towards gluconeogenesis... Are you referring to the brain being able to use ketones?
quicksilver0587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:08 AM   #18
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRaWNy View Post
As far as I know, if someone has bloodtype "0", he would not have any problems with beef (red meat and its fat), and digesting it.
The other blood types have some issues with beef (red meat).
For example blood type "A", can not handle red meat, but is OK with poultry and fish.
Either is he natural or not.

The paleo man was blood type "0".
The other blood types were developed later, when the humans started slowly to cultivate grains etc and hunt less etc

Therefor someone who has blood type "0", can handle more the beef, but have problem with grains and starch, and someone who has "A" can handle more the grains and have problems with beef (red meat).

From experience:
I'm blood type "0", and when I diet, the only thing I don' t have problem from grains and starch, is basmati rice and yams.
All the other starches, makes it for me hard to get cutted, or if you want, makes it hard for the last weeks.
With beef no problem at all.
Interesting post Brawny. I've not heard of the tie-in between food choices and blood type before. Where did you learn about this, or is it from primarily from experience?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:18 AM   #19
jhuse2
Big Tex
Max Brawn
Points: 2,522, Level: 30 Points: 2,522, Level: 30 Points: 2,522, Level: 30

jhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good posts

Y'all can have your beef I will stick with the bison. Well, when I can afford it.
DEAD LIFTS: . . . . . . . .255/300/435
OVERHEAD PRESS: . . . . 110/135/170

Transformation Contest BULK
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...test-bulk.html
Workout Log
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...ngth-form.html
~HOT SH!T.. ROCK & ROLL~
jhuse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:48 PM   #20
Trevor Lane
I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn
Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: A few
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Supp: T-Bomb II
Trevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver0587 View Post
Wat?... Only odd-chain fatty acids (the last 3 carbons) can go towards gluconeogenesis... Are you referring to the brain being able to use ketones?
Sorry, had to look that one up... glu·co·ne·o·gen·e·sis 
–nounBiochemistry. glucose formation in animals from a noncarbohydrate source, as from proteins or fats.
n. The formation of glucose, especially by the liver, from noncarbohydrate sources, such as amino acids and the glycerol portion of fats.

Yes, that's what I'm talking about.

and actually I was wrong about the brain, had it twisted... it is the only organ in the body that cannot directly obtain chalories from fat. It has to have glucose and that is according to: Carbohydrates and Nutrition

So you can be a big sugary lard ass and smart... damnit, that blows my theory about Michael Moore right out of the water. But I do know that a paleo lifestyle can cure diabetes and arthritis, that is according to Neanderthin, the author - Ray Audette did it and that's why he wrote the book.
Trevor Lane is offline   Reply With Quote