Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:59 PM   #11
mohiz
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,621, Level: 23 Points: 1,621, Level: 23 Points: 1,621, Level: 23
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 1 yrs
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: creatine, beta-alanine
mohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamNC View Post
Thanks for the tips, I checked out Jason Blahas video and calculated my macros based on his formula. It ended up being more carb dominate, which is good for me because I LOVE carbs, and they are much easier for to force down if it comes to that. I just can't eat a ton of chicken, or any meat for that matter in one sitting.
Yeah, me too. I'm eating 5400 kcal a day (pig bulk) and it would be quite hard to get it down if not for the 800+ carbs I'm eating

***Current goals***
- Get to <10% BF
mohiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2013, 02:06 PM   #12
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Get at least 200g of protein. After that, do whatever it takes to get your calories in. The only foods to avoid are foods that might lead to health issues such as trans fats. Other than that, get it in.

You're already using a solid, progression based training program, so you're good there.

I'll just restate something I posted on FB the other day "The key to getting big and strong is to eat enough to keep up with your training and train enough to keep up with your eating." They both work hand in hand. Eat your 3k cals a day, then train enough that you know for a fact that most of it will go to muscle. You'll be happy with the results.

By the way, I used to weigh 125 as well. In 3rd grade. I'm not making fun, in fact, I had the opposite problem with weight and had to loose quite a bit to get healthy.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:26 AM   #13
AdamNC
Brawn
Points: 1,589, Level: 22 Points: 1,589, Level: 22 Points: 1,589, Level: 22
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: On and off since H/S
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
AdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
Get at least 200g of protein. After that, do whatever it takes to get your calories in. The only foods to avoid are foods that might lead to health issues such as trans fats. Other than that, get it in.
I will admit, its been difficult trying to get all my meals in. I've been shooting for 6, but the last few days its been 4-5, which is still more than the two I was eating. I've noticed since I've been eating more that I tend to get hungry around the time of my expected next meal, (around every 3-4hrs), so my body is getting used to it at least. I don't have the money for protein supplements right now, so I've been drinking 1-2 16oz glasses of milk, with little Bailey's creamer and a tablespoon of olive oil, which totals to about 500calories. Ideally, I'd like to get in 4 whole meals and 2 drinks. Not quite there yet, but making progress.
AdamNC is online now   Reply With Quote