Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   High blood pressure and Creatine (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15338)

Mercersburgguy 10-28-2013 11:00 PM

High blood pressure and Creatine
 
I'm not sure if I will find anyone on this site with high blood pressure but it's worth a shot. I tried taking Creatine however the goal is to basically keep water in correct? Well I take a fluid pill so I guess that is counter productive. I want to know is there anything out there I could take or anything someone has tried that they like?

bruteforce 10-28-2013 11:04 PM

Creatine is used as an energy source. water retention is a side effect that some people experience. your water pill would have no effect on creatine's effectiveness.

I had high blood pressure at one point. Weight loss and removing refined carbs from my diet keep it under control.

Mercersburgguy 10-28-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruteforce (Post 421335)
Creatine is used as an energy source. water retention is a side effect that some people experience. your water pill would have no effect on creatine's effectiveness.

I had high blood pressure at one point. Weight loss and removing refined carbs from my diet keep it under control.

Well when I took the Creatine I did a scoop a day and it was like my one foot would swell maybe bc I wasn't watching really what I ate. Maybe if I did it on days I lifted? Brute did you take Creatine while you had high blood pressure

Mercersburgguy 10-29-2013 09:35 PM

Brute, so did you experience anything when yu took the Creatine ? Did you take it every day? Do you remember what you took. I heard these guys at the gym say Creatine was a waste of time so now I'm not sure what to think. So any of you guys take Creatine ?

bruteforce 10-29-2013 10:35 PM

I did not take creatine while i had high blood pressure. at that point my only goal was weight loss. However, since adding it back in, there has been no increase in blood pressure. The research shows that creatine is a solid supplement. Not sure what qualifications your gym guys have, but it can give you a 2-5% boost depending on the person. Its not magic, but it can help.

Generally, I still don't use creatine. I really don't use many supplements. Whey, multi-vitamin, and fish oil is about it for me.

Mercersburgguy 10-30-2013 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruteforce (Post 421667)
I did not take creatine while i had high blood pressure. at that point my only goal was weight loss. However, since adding it back in, there has been no increase in blood pressure. The research shows that creatine is a solid supplement. Not sure what qualifications your gym guys have, but it can give you a 2-5% boost depending on the person. Its not magic, but it can help.

Generally, I still don't use creatine. I really don't use many supplements. Whey, multi-vitamin, and fish oil is about it for me.

Brute
Well I'm not sure if those guys finished the 5th grade
However they look good. I guess I am asking for 2
Reasons 1- to see of any with my condition had any
Issues and 2- I wanted to know what are the benifits for
Me

moeheep 10-30-2013 08:54 AM

When I was obese, I had high blood pressue...as well as a host of other things....now, I take creatine everyday with no ill effects at all. It has NOT increased my bloodpressure one bit

Mercersburgguy 10-30-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moeheep (Post 421803)
When I was obese, I had high blood pressue...as well as a host of other things....now, I take creatine everyday with no ill effects at all. It has NOT increased my bloodpressure one bit

Did you take the creative as you dropped
Weight? Or after you dropped all the weight
You wanted

moeheep 10-30-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercersburgguy (Post 421814)
Did you take the creative as you dropped
Weight? Or after you dropped all the weight
You wanted

When I lost weight, I was not lifting weights and had no idea I ever would be. It was after I lost the weight, and I was trying to find an exercise I LIKED to help keep it off, that I discovered my Iron Mistress.

So to answer your question, no, I was not taking it when I was losing weight.
I started taking it AFTER I lost all the weight.

Cutty 10-30-2013 10:35 AM

I'm still obese and take creatine. Getting great gains and not sure about blood pressure. I'm really stressed out so my pressure is higher but I've never had problems with high blood pressure


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.