Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Anybody buy bulk protein? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15337)

jwood 10-28-2013 09:08 PM

Anybody buy bulk protein?

Do any of you guys buy protein froma bulk place like true nutrition or protein factory?

Seems like a pretty good deal if you buy over 15 pounds, not sure how much cheaper.

Just wanted to check for experience

jwood 10-29-2013 03:15 PM

Bump. Please, anybody

fenrisulfr 10-29-2013 05:02 PM

I don't know but Steve needs to arrange a group buy from m&s. I'm sure we could get enough people to buy like 100 lbs of isofuel or premium series at a good enough discount to make it worth all our while.

bamazav 10-29-2013 06:38 PM

I have purchased from True Nutrition. The biggest con as far as I am concerned is that they ship aboard bicycles. When they say it will take 7-10 days, plan on 10-12. Prices are pretty good and you can make your own mix. Most recently I ordered some Chocolate flavored Cold filtered Whey Isolate, price was comparable with M&S isofuel, flavor and mixability were not bad, same basic ingredients. Would have ordered Isofuel, but they were out of Chocolate.

I am currently trying to remove all of the extras from my supps, unflavored whey, as few extra ingredients and flavorings as I can tolerate. For that truenutrition and nutrabio are good options. This month I am giving Nutrabio a try.

jwood 10-29-2013 09:41 PM

Thanks guys!

bgben3 11-03-2013 11:11 AM

I bought a 10 lbs bag of protein once, the only thing that I didn't like about it and it isn't even a issue was the size of the bag and a place to keep it. Kinda big and bulky and in the way. Other than that, you are kinda stuck with that flavor for awhile so make sure its a flavor you already like. I wouldn't do this with a flavor you have never tried

cheftepesh 11-21-2013 11:36 AM

I have purchased this for a client a few years ago and it's ok but he soon got tired of the taste and stopped using halfway through. Just a thought.

Soldier 11-21-2013 09:55 PM

Actually, I didn't know about these companies until I read this thread this morning. I just bought 16lb of custom mix protein from true nutrition. I was looking around online and found a trick with true nutrition. You can buy the custom mix flavored, but you can also buy it unflavored. On their website they sell the same flavoring they put into the protein, $5 for 50g of each flavor which is supposed to be good for up to 5lb.

I made what I think to be a good mix of different proteins and carbs as a meal replacement/pre/post training supp. Then I bought 5 different flavors to mess with, including orange creamsicle at my wife's request.

I got exactly what I wanted in my mix, AND I get to choose not only the flavor, but how strong it is? And all this for about $10/lb total? If this tastes even reasonably good I'll feel like I've made off like a bandit.

JumpmanRugs 11-24-2013 07:15 AM

I buy a 5kg tub which super cheap here (Around 36, the cheapest over here for the amount) and that was Toffee flavour, a bit grainy but it's cool, doesn't taste too bad either although I'm a bit bored of the flavour!

With that said, next time I'm getting Cookies n' Cream :)

If you're on a budget it's a good idea