Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 10-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
MadScientistOfMaB
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,663, Level: 23 Points: 1,663, Level: 23 Points: 1,663, Level: 23
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Chaos & Pain
Fav Exercise: Squat, push-press
Fav Supp: Mr. Hyde & whiskey
MadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributor
Default High Fat Bulking Diet

Just finished first Smolov cycle and am wanting to do a high fat bulk.

Considering 4000-5000 cal/day.
Post workout/ Breakfast 1300-1400 cal shake
90 g protein (3 scoops whey isolate)
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup almonds
8 oz of milk

Lunch (chili)
2 lbs ground beef
1.5 lb stew meat
1 lb beans
1 onion
2 cans diced tomatoes
makes 4 servings

Dinner
Meat heavy meal, low carb

Night time shake (1000-1100 cal)
60 g proteins (2 scoops whey protein isolate)
1 cup heavy whipping cream

How does this sound?
Has anyone done a high fat bulk?
Do they tend to be cleaner or not?
Experimentation is the word of the day here, and you're going to be like a mad scientist, tinkering with your diet until you've turned yourself into a massive, world-destroying robot bent on nothing short of the subjugation and destruction of the entire human race.
-Jamie Lewis (Chaos&Pain)

Nothing exceeds like excess.

HT: 5'10" WT: 220
Deadlift 455 Squat 405
Bench 355 Push-press 275
MadScientistOfMaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2013, 01:35 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScientistOfMaB View Post
Has anyone done a high fat bulk?
Do they tend to be cleaner or not?
I bulked for the last year + on high fat low carb. Only thing I see wrong with your diet is beans. They are high carb.

Whole foods are clean foods to me. So everything looks fine.

I would learn how to make some cream sauces for your meats. It will add calories. I use simple ones like sour cream and salsa for chicken, and a combo of cream cheese, some heavy cream, water and cheese for some of my other meats.

The sauces are nice to use and don't require you to chug down a cup of heavy cream at one sitting.

I would also note you need to get some veggies in there. Dice spinach goes well in everything. I try to add color to every meat meal...spinach, green peppers, fresh jalapenos, cauliflower mash, etc.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:36 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

There are some good side dish and main meal recipes in our low carb forum:

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
moeheep
Max Brawn
Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: DEADS
Fav Supp: Condense
moeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite member

I have had good luck with high fat / low carb eating.

Although at my age, I dont quite pack in as many calories as you will be.

Best Meet Lifts:
Squat = 325
Bench = 210
Dead = 353
Total = 888

The iron is there during my times of happiness, sadness and anger. The iron is there available through the 4 seasons and inclement weather. The iron is there to either comfort me or motivate me. The Iron manages to show me how strong I am or how humble I need to be. The iron does not yell, but it always demands respect. The iron is not a disciplinarian, but when disrespected, I feel it for a long time. The iron does not love or hate, but we definitely share a strong bond. And no matter how far I stay away or for how long, the iron is there, waiting to be lifted.
moeheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:45 PM   #5
linedriver465
Max Brawn
Points: 5,829, Level: 49 Points: 5,829, Level: 49 Points: 5,829, Level: 49

Training Exp: 3.5 years
Training Type: Volume
Fav Supp: Caffeine
linedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beast

Interesting approach. Will you introduce carb refeeds?
What would your workout routine look like? For me, when I go lower carb, my volume and work capacity per session decreases.

Just my $0.02
linedriver465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:58 AM   #6
bgben3
New Brawn
Points: 2,245, Level: 28 Points: 2,245, Level: 28 Points: 2,245, Level: 28

bgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good posts

Looks like you are getting most of your fats from meat. I don't think thats a bad approach. One thing I would change is the 90g protein shake in the morning. I find that anything over 50g of protein in a meal, that your body will just push it out as waste. Since you are only eating 3 meals, I would split that shake up, which would add another meal. I think you would see better results this way.
NGA Natural Pro Body Builder
bgben3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #7
MadScientistOfMaB
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,663, Level: 23 Points: 1,663, Level: 23 Points: 1,663, Level: 23

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Chaos & Pain
Fav Exercise: Squat, push-press
Fav Supp: Mr. Hyde & whiskey
MadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by linedriver465 View Post
Interesting approach. Will you introduce carb refeeds?
What would your workout routine look like? For me, when I go lower carb, my volume and work capacity per session decreases.

Just my $0.02
I love carb refeeds. Will probably do it. Not actually going NO carb just low carb (under 100 g/day). I will evaluate it as I go BECAUSE I AM A DAMN MAD SCIENTIST!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgben3 View Post
Looks like you are getting most of your fats from meat. I don't think thats a bad approach. One thing I would change is the 90g protein shake in the morning. I find that anything over 50g of protein in a meal, that your body will just push it out as waste. Since you are only eating 3 meals, I would split that shake up, which would add another meal. I think you would see better results this way.
I haven't had this issue. Technically I have 30 g of protein immediately post workout and everything else about 45 min after. If I drink it all right a way I puke or just feel like hell. Normally my goal is just to make it home without having to pull over and dry heave. Go hard or go home I guess
Experimentation is the word of the day here, and you're going to be like a mad scientist, tinkering with your diet until you've turned yourself into a massive, world-destroying robot bent on nothing short of the subjugation and destruction of the entire human race.
-Jamie Lewis (Chaos&Pain)

Nothing exceeds like excess.

HT: 5'10" WT: 220
Deadlift 455 Squat 405
Bench 355 Push-press 275
MadScientistOfMaB is offline   Reply With Quote