Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (
-   -   cutting diet (

trig2 09-14-2013 07:37 AM

cutting diet
been on a 5000 cal builking diet need help with cutting diet for my body weight never done it b4 6f2 and I am 18.136 am 33 years old . don't like fish or salad or cheese . thanks

BravenFenix 09-14-2013 11:40 AM

Cutting and bulking are both very simple. The foods you eat at any point, be it bulk, cut, maintenance, should have minimal trans fats/polyunsaturated fats/chemicals/ and under 50g sugar daily. Other than that it doesn't matter much unless you have food sensitivities. Macros don't matter much if you're already getting 1g/lb protein and 0.3g/lb fat. You have to increase activity and slowly lower calories (around 5-10%). So you could start at 4500 and add activity. Depending on how much you have to lose have a weekly goal, 1-2lb fat loss and adjust weekly to hit the goal. The first 2-3 weeks could change a lot since your body initially loses water weight.

trig2 09-16-2013 11:21 AM

cheers mate

bgben3 09-16-2013 07:07 PM

It has a little more than just hour height and weight. What was said above is a good start, but I would be surprised if cutting 500 cal out of your diet is going to do much. 4500 cal a day is still a lot of calories. For me, 3500 cal is a good maintenance calorie per day, but I don't lose weight on 3500. I have to drop down to about 2000 cal a day to see a continuous weight loss. I would suggest to keep your protein where it is. Then work your carbs and healthy fats down to about half of where you are at now. I think this would be a good start and see how your body reacts to this. As time goes on adjust as needed. Everyone is different in how they react to a diet. You have to find what works for you. Good luck

I WILL 09-17-2013 04:36 AM

No matter how you cut it you; need to decrease your caloric intake. Once you find what works for you and dial it in you'll be fine. Here are some more tips that might help you.