Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Diet OCD Madness (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450)

BendtheBar 12-09-2009 09:15 PM

Diet OCD Madness

I read this OCD post on another forum and had to post it:

Quote:

Member X said in a previous post 30-35g of fiber per day

Now is this standard no matter what your total calorie intake is

Or what % of your carbs should be fiber; 50% of my calories are carbs (following the 20/50/30 split) and today I have 60g of fiber out of my 412.5 carbs and my intake is 3300 calories.

Is there such a thing as too much fiber? what % would it be?

Side Note, I just did the math on the %Daily Value 2,000 calorie recommended diet on all US nutritional fact sheets to see the fiber ratio. The ratio came out to 30% fat 60% carbs %10 protein ...whoa!? lol 10% protein? and 8.5% fiber This is a pretty weak diet that they recommend

Grim83 12-09-2009 10:12 PM

Ogg brain melt. Number to many

BendtheBar 12-10-2009 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grim83 (Post 14450)
Ogg brain melt. Number to many

Exactly. That is serious OCD madness.

If you are dieting for a contest, have at it. I can see being OCD. But counting fiber? Why not just chain yourself in the basement in between workouts for mental discipline as well.

Muscle building does not have to be OCD.

bwys61 12-10-2009 10:32 AM

thats some major poopin

BendtheBar 12-10-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwys61 (Post 14507)
thats some major poopin

:ditto:

Diarrhea of the mouth.

Grim83 12-10-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

OCD

Many lifters often become OCD like, and it manifests in almost every facet of life related to lifting. It doesnít have to be that way. Everything isnít always perfect. Life isnít predictable so donít try to make it that way. Just live, and if you canít do everything, donít let it ruin your life.

People on diets often fall off the wagon from one bad meal. All you have to do is just let it go and continue on with what you were doing. Life happens, and a champion is not measured by how many times he gets knocked down, but by how many times he gets back up.
that should do it

BRaWNy 12-10-2009 12:15 PM

sorry to ask, what do you mean with OCD?

BendtheBar 12-10-2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRaWNy (Post 14513)
sorry to ask, what do you mean with OCD?

OCD = obsessive compulsive disorder, implying an extreme, unhealthy obsession with details that are, in general, a waste of time.

For example, if Joe Smith starts a thread on a forum asking..."Should I take 175 or 175.54 grams of protein in combination with 41.02 grams of fiber, if I take my creatine post workout with waxy maize, and a multi-vitamin before bed."

An OCD trainee generally puts too much focus on the wrong things.

glwanabe 12-10-2009 08:41 PM

For a serious cut, then sure I can see getting really strict with your diet.

For everyday life though. Dude, you need to have some balance, and actually live your life, not be a slave to it. Eat basically healthy, getting 3 solid meals a day, and some healthy between meal snack feeds. Go lift, and grow.

There is nothing wrong with having a less than perfect day of nutrients. Just don't make it a habit. If your lifting hard enough your going to burn most of the fuel your putting in your body anyway.

Now if you'll excuse me, my pizza is getting cold.

BendtheBar 12-10-2009 09:02 PM

I see it on forums every day...young lifters getting crammed into little worry boxes where they obsess with every gram they eat by experienced lifters. There is some kind of power trip aspect to all this.