Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2013, 08:03 AM   #1
CaseyB1987
Max Brawn
Points: 2,318, Level: 29 Points: 2,318, Level: 29 Points: 2,318, Level: 29
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%

Training Exp: 1 year
Training Type: 4 Day Split
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
CaseyB1987 is a dedicated contributorCaseyB1987 is a dedicated contributorCaseyB1987 is a dedicated contributorCaseyB1987 is a dedicated contributorCaseyB1987 is a dedicated contributorCaseyB1987 is a dedicated contributorCaseyB1987 is a dedicated contributorCaseyB1987 is a dedicated contributorCaseyB1987 is a dedicated contributorCaseyB1987 is a dedicated contributorCaseyB1987 is a dedicated contributor
Default Trouble Lossing a spare tire/ love-handles?

Hello, I'm Casey

I'm a 25 yrs old white dude and I've always been a heavy set & brawny guy, I should be 6' 2'' but I'm 5' 9'', and I tried some diets in the past but they didn't work mainly because I couldn't stick with them.

So, a few months ago I decided that if i was going to weight 300lbs my whole life, It might as well be muscle! I work with an older guy (50 something) who used to be a fitness trainer at a Knoxville gym back in the late 80's early 90's.

I told him I always loved watching the 'Worlds Strongest Man' competitions and that I wanted to get big & strong, he gave me some good tips on how to get started and I've made some good progress.

I've got bigger and stronger and I dont have any problems putting on the muscle. But my body likes to put on the fat along with the muscle. So, the old guy suggested I start doing some cardio after my workout & doing high volume calisthenics. And that has helped. I cut out the junk food & soft drinks & eat lots of lean chicken and rice.

My upper body actually looks pretty good, my man boobs are almost gone, but I still have this stupid spare tire & big love handles! I do lots of situps, crunches, weighted side bends & hip-flexers 4 sets of 25 on each! And I can feel my abs getting tighter, but my stupid love-handles wont go away! Now I'm not trying to become a bodybuilder but I do want to look good with my shirt off.

So, any advice anyone could give me on diets or workout routines would be great!

Thanks
CaseyB1987 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links