Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Jamie Lewis' apex predator diet (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13949)

Soldier 06-05-2013 01:49 PM

Jamie Lewis' apex predator diet

I had given up on "gimmick" diets, instead deciding to rely on just eating a little less and seeing where that got me, but I've been sucked back into the world of complex dieting by jamie Lewis. I like that this diet is designed to do exactly what I want to do, which is stay/get strong while leaning out and dropping lbs.

I'm just wondering if anyone here has experience with either this diet specifically or with cylcic keto dieting for powerlifting. I'm going to have to watch myself because low carb dieting had a huge negative effect on my performance when I tried it last time.

I'm doing the fat f$(k version if it matters, which is a little more strict.

BendtheBar 06-05-2013 01:54 PM

Not sure what his diet is, but I eat low carb during the week and have carbs on the weekend.

I eat when hungry and it works well, as long as I don't try to undereat fats.

Soldier 06-05-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 371538)
Not sure what his diet is, but I eat low carb during the week and have carbs on the weekend.

I eat when hungry and it works well, as long as I don't try to undereat fats.

It's actually fairly complex, but it's similiar to what you did when you tried IF. Most days you drink 5-6 protein shakes and eat 1 or 2 meals consisting almost entirely of fatty meat, prefferably bone-in. 1 or 2 days a weak you do a refeed or "rampage" with lots of carbs. You also do a "protein sparing fast" once a week which is a day of just protein shakes.

I've never been able to eat just when I'm hungry. That's why I can gain so much weight so easily, and why I lean towards more structured diet plans.

Shorts 06-05-2013 03:21 PM

I have had much better success with the IF style diets over the keto ... just because of the complexity of the keto and you put yourself in such a carb-depleted state at times that it had a very negative effect on my training.

I say give it a shot but be very careful to listen to your body, if don't hand carb depletion well you will see the signs very quickly.

BendtheBar 06-05-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soldier (Post 371540)
It's actually fairly complex, but it's similiar to what you did when you tried IF. Most days you drink 5-6 protein shakes and eat 1 or 2 meals consisting almost entirely of fatty meat, prefferably bone-in. 1 or 2 days a weak you do a refeed or "rampage" with lots of carbs. You also do a "protein sparing fast" once a week which is a day of just protein shakes.

I've never been able to eat just when I'm hungry. That's why I can gain so much weight so easily, and why I lean towards more structured diet plans.

That's real close to what I do now. I personally found that frequent protein served me better. But to each his own. I am not young and have a slow metabolism.

For enhanced lifters you want a more steady stream of protein, and greater overall protein intake in general. So keep that in mind as well because it is rarely talked about.