Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:36 AM   #1
syn
Max Brawn

Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: deadlift
Fav Supp: coffee
syn is a lifting beastsyn is a lifting beastsyn is a lifting beastsyn is a lifting beastsyn is a lifting beastsyn is a lifting beastsyn is a lifting beastsyn is a lifting beastsyn is a lifting beastsyn is a lifting beastsyn is a lifting beast
Default whole grain & digestion issues

Hi all

whats your opinion on whole grain?
do many people have issues with them?

I find eating whole grains makes me bloat up, and causes some discomfort, & I need multiple trips to the rest room

I have read that whole grain food is superior but, I can handle white bread/pasta/rice a lot better than the wholegrain equivalents.

some people have suggested going paleo, but that seems a little restrictive (and I wouldn't give up dairy)

Last edited by syn; 05-29-2013 at 08:46 AM.
syn is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2013, 11:12 AM   #2
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Maybe you should go to the Doc and get tested for digestive problems like Celiac Disease, which I have.
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:31 AM   #3
syn
Max Brawn

Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: deadlift
Fav Supp: coffee
syn is a lifting beastsyn is a lifting beastsyn is a lifting beastsyn is a lifting beastsyn is a lifting beastsyn is a lifting beastsyn is a lifting beastsyn is a lifting beastsyn is a lifting beastsyn is a lifting beastsyn is a lifting beast

I think I may get tested again, I was tested about 4 years ago, when I had some stomach issues, all back back clear, had scope done as well

but there are gluten products that I consume that don't cause issues, as in I can drink beers without the same issues that I get from grains.

also - if you are eating gluten free, do you find it hard to maintain weight/bulk?

Last edited by syn; 05-29-2013 at 11:53 AM.
syn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:02 PM   #4
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by syn View Post
I think I may get tested again, I was tested about 4 years ago, when I had some stomach issues, all back back clear, had scope done as well

but there are gluten products that I consume that don't cause issues, as in I can drink beers without the same issues that I get from grains.

also - if you are eating gluten free, do you find it hard to maintain weight/bulk?
I also had no issues, or so I thought, with some products that contained Gluten. It could be gluten intolerance you have or some other gastro intestinal issue. The problem with grains these days, especially wheat, is that they are so far gone from our grandparents days as they have been genetically modified many times.

No problemo with weight control or bulking. I bulked from 183 to 238 eating squeaky clean and gluten free. (clean means to me eating food in its most natural state)
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:10 PM   #5
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
I also had no issues, or so I thought, with some products that contained Gluten. It could be gluten intolerance you have or some other gastro intestinal issue. The problem with grains these days, especially wheat, is that they are so far gone from our grandparents days as they have been genetically modified many times.

No problemo with weight control or bulking. I bulked from 183 to 238 eating squeaky clean and gluten free. (clean means to me eating food in its most natural state)
One of the big issues is, they don't test for gluten intolerance at all (though, I'm not sure they can), just for Celiac Disease and then they can overlook it since many surgeons only take minimal samples, whereas 20+ samples gives a better shot at determining whether a person has it or not. Then the gauntlet of positive-negative results has to be run as well, including the fact that not all gluten intolerant people react the same way to the gluten, makes for a very complex issue.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:11 PM   #6
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

More fibre due to more whole grains, will make for more toilet visits.