Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Vitamins for body builders (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13788)

tracker 05-22-2013 07:01 PM

Vitamins for body builders

What sort of vitamins should I make sure to add to my diet for body building? I have heard that B12 is good, along with A and E. And vitamin D as well. What are your thoughts on this?

Chillen 05-22-2013 09:43 PM

Multi-vitamin, will do you well--overall, you do not have to get overally complex with it. I do not know your level of experience, age or personal particulars, or place within your goal want, but if your new (a few months in, etc) and just starting out, it really just this simple to begin, when talking micros.

What are you doing with Calories and Macros may I ask? Fats in diet, etc?

Sort of off-topic, but on topic (lol, ;) ).

Finding and keeping Vitamins of the head and heart--a joint connection fused and fed are the real vitamins. With these in place, all the rest that goes into ones personal goals fall into place. This is the most common problem killing personal goal wants.

Peace and happiness to you, and may you work and earn what you want out of the iron.

Don

leefarley 05-23-2013 04:08 AM

i take a daily multi - vit and fish oils for just general health and to back up my diet.

Squatter 05-23-2013 09:37 AM

I do not take a multi at all. I get most of my ntrients thru food, and for "insurance" I do eat Bee Pollen & Royal Jelly. Bee Pollen contains every nutrient required to sustain human life.

Tannhauser 05-23-2013 12:23 PM

I'm saying nothing.

bgben3 05-23-2013 08:10 PM

I like to take a multi for general health. Healthy body, means build more muscle. I like AAEFX VitaDrive.

fenrisulfr 05-23-2013 08:55 PM

I like to take one. I think some of the dosages are ridiculous. 3 pills 2-3 times a day... gimme a break.
Ive done the Walmart brand, and the centrum sports one, both lame IMO.
Now Adam, gaspari anavite, and ON optimen are all pretty sweet and will turn your pee and awesome shade of neon yellow. I only take 1 a day as opposed to 6-9 they suggest. I've heard the orange triad multi is good too. The anavite has some beta alanine in it and is probably my fave of what I listed even though it smells like roadkill.

5kgLifter 05-24-2013 07:49 AM

I really don't know what I feel where vitamins are concerned, there are so many opposing studies, it could come down to the quality of the vitamin, maybe, but guaranteed, if it does come down to that, the general public aren't getting the best quality stuff.

Studies show that higher percentages, within study groups, 60+% (high 60s) ended up with cancer compared to those that were given placebos, however, that could be that they were just predisposed to cancer to begin with and nothing whatsoever to do with the study.

People that are lacking in red blood cells are put on iron supplements for about 3 months and it appears to bring the iron count back up...hubby went through that a while back when his red blood cell count was extremely low.

B-Vitamins are also used for specific purposes as are other vitamins.

The problem is, are they better used when required as opposed to used just for the sake of taking them and secondly, are they better in higher dosages but short-term unlike the multivit types which are low doses (in comparison) used longterm.

People take HCL but don't necessarily require it, then it becomes pointless or even problematical.

Squatter 05-24-2013 10:05 AM

I agree with you Babs, which is another reason I avoid the Multi's. The Bee product I take is not a supp at all, it is classified as food, which it is.