Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 05-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
RGRthat
Brawn
Points: 907, Level: 16 Points: 907, Level: 16 Points: 907, Level: 16
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: none
Training Type: Chaos & Pain
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Muscle Marinade
RGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributor
Default The Zombie Diet

I read about this on the one on T-nation and thought WTF

Basically it is a form of paleo that emphasizes organ meat. This isn't needed if you will eat your vegetables but if you don't this is a good subsitute. I am actually considering adding some liver and sweetbread to some of my meals to see how it goes. So I guess this is going to be a bit more literal eat everything but the bones.

T NATION | The Zombie Diet

Any input?
Deadlift 425
Snatch 155
Clean & Jerk 225

Drunk RGR Training http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...-training.html
RGRthat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #2
BravenFenix
The Big Boss
Max Brawn
Points: 2,947, Level: 33 Points: 2,947, Level: 33 Points: 2,947, Level: 33
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 04/2013
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Caffeine
BravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributor

I used to eat liver about twice a week due to anemia, hated the taste, but it lent itself well with sauteed onions. It was also good with cold yogurt. Lately I was thinking of adding it back in once a week.. major fan of homemade fried rice variety's with lots of eggs, so that might mask it real well.

Even if you're eating veggies, liver has phenomenal nutrients that surpass veggies, mainly the absurd amounts of vitamin A and don't quote me on it, but a good dose of cholesterol.

Lifts: https://www.youtube.com/user/BravenFitness

Training Log: http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sho...304#post443304
BravenFenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #3
RGRthat
Brawn
Points: 907, Level: 16 Points: 907, Level: 16 Points: 907, Level: 16
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: none
Training Type: Chaos & Pain
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Muscle Marinade
RGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributor

Yeah this article gets into the indocrine glands, lungs, and digestive tract as well. I am quite interested to give some of these a try. Tried beef heart and it was good (not ribeye good though)
Deadlift 425
Snatch 155
Clean & Jerk 225

Drunk RGR Training http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...-training.html
RGRthat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #4
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

The T-Nation article seems to be rediscovering the wheel. I was scarfing down dessicated liver tablets thirty years ago, and I did that because all the bodybuilders in the Weider mags were taking them. So it's not some great revelation - bodybuilders have always known that liver has loads of nutrients.

On a minor point, I'd like to see TC produce evidence for the claim that animals 'instinctually (sic)' target the stomach and liver because they're high in nutrients. Pure speculation. Maybe they eat those first because those parts are soft and easily accessible, so that if they're disturbed they've already wolfed something down.

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #5
hobbz
New Brawn
Points: 149, Level: 2 Points: 149, Level: 2 Points: 149, Level: 2
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

hobbz has made some good postshobbz has made some good postshobbz has made some good postshobbz has made some good postshobbz has made some good postshobbz has made some good postshobbz has made some good postshobbz has made some good postshobbz has made some good posts

I do not mind liver at all. Cooked up with some sauteed onions and mushrooms, and I could have myself a meal. Wife hates the smell of it though so I rarely get it
hobbz is offline   Reply With Quote