Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   ZMA for recovery and sleep aid (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13122)

Bear 03-29-2013 01:51 PM

ZMA for recovery and sleep aid

I am trying Cellucor ZMA for the first time to help with my recovery and hopefully sleep. Does anyone out there have experience with it?

brad1224 03-29-2013 03:09 PM

never tried the cellucore zma but i tried zma before and it made me sleep like a little baby...so in turn when you are able to sleep deeper and longer without awaking in the middle of the night your hormone levels will totally regulate so then you will have the greatest opportunity for you body to repair...this is all what should happen..will it? maybe but i can tell you that it will help you have deeper sleep.

Soldier 03-29-2013 06:07 PM

I've read tons of good reports, so take this for the single opposing report that it is, but ZMA kept me awake. It made my heart race and it took hours to fall asleep. This was the only thing I added at the time, so I know it was the ZMA that had this effect. It was odd, to say the least, considering that this was the opposite of it's intended result.

I was disappointed. But I used it during my last PCT, since I already had it and all.

Bear 04-01-2013 03:48 PM

3 nights in and the jury is out. Falling asleep not an issue but I have woken up with weird dreams... I will try and continue the specified dose and see what happens.

linedriver465 04-01-2013 05:37 PM

I've used zma in the past - it really seems to benefit those deficient in those minerals/vitamins but it didnt do crap for me sleep wise. I have trouble falling and staying asleep. Generic melatonin and gabapentin help with the former and latter respectively. YMMV

eggfat 04-01-2013 06:41 PM

What is zma? I have never heard of it before. Do you need an RX for it? Or is it over the counter?

Soldier 04-01-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eggfat (Post 344891)
What is zma? I have never heard of it before. Do you need an RX for it? Or is it over the counter?

Zinc, magnesium and aspartate=zma. It's just a supplement, like creatine or anything else. It's been claimed that it will help testosterone levels, but that hasn't been proven. It does, however, usually help with sleep. People claim to sleep more deeply, although there are also claims of wild dreams on ZMA. Results vary.

Bear 04-03-2013 10:34 AM

I am returning it. I did not use it last night and slept better so it did not work for.

eggfat 04-03-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soldier (Post 344920)
Zinc, magnesium and aspartate=zma. It's just a supplement, like creatine or anything else. It's been claimed that it will help testosterone levels, but that hasn't been proven. It does, however, usually help with sleep. People claim to sleep more deeply, although there are also claims of wild dreams on ZMA. Results vary.

Thanks man. I appreciate it. So like everything else, it may work for some and not for others.

Bear 04-03-2013 08:05 PM

No problem, Not saying it can't work for others just not me. The dreams I had were really strange. I felt like I was tense all night.