Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Flatulence (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12907)

Reefboy1980 03-16-2013 05:50 AM

Flatulence

Ok so most of the times it's just funny when you clear a room but there are other times when it's just inappropriate.

Can this be controlled?

Do this mean my body isn't breaking down all my food?

Any help much appreciated

5kgLifter 03-16-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reefboy1980 (Post 337192)
Ok so most of the times it's just funny when you clear a room but there are other times when it's just inappropriate.

Can this be controlled?

Do this mean my body isn't breaking down all my food?

Any help much appreciated

Some foods cause flatulence, such as beans, the body can get used to the food but if it's caused by a food intolerance with things like milk (a common intolerance with resultant gas) then the food has to be removed from the diet.

If you've just altered the diet or started a new food/supplement, then you'll have to gauge what's going on and whether that is the cause; there are just too many causes for gas that it would be impossible to cover it and since you never mentioned your dietary intake or any changes that may have occurred prior to the flatulence, it's more complex to address. Flatulence can even be caused by too much abdominal work, extreme abdominal work, that is.

So, work out what had altered pror to the flatulence and work backwards from there, reversing the process if necessary until things settle, ideal if it's a supplement/food, then add back in slowly and monitor...or, just put up with it. :toilet:

leefarley 03-16-2013 09:12 AM

a lot of food and protein + protein shakes can give you bad wind and the poops

IronWill 03-16-2013 09:33 AM

Ha Ha Just exactly when is flatulence 'inappropriate' ? :D

Reefboy1980 03-16-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronWill (Post 337239)
Ha Ha Just exactly when is flatulence 'inappropriate' ? :D

When your misses gets up & says you f**king stink i'm sleeping down stairs :vroam"

I'm thinking it could be my protein shakes, i'm fine most of the day but when it comes to having my final meal of the day it kinda kicks in lol

I'm on a cut some i'm not consuming loads of food & my fibre isn't too high either

IronWill 03-16-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reefboy1980 (Post 337248)
When your misses gets up & says you f**king stink i'm sleeping down stairs :vroam"

I'm thinking it could be my protein shakes, i'm fine most of the day but when it comes to having my final meal of the day it kinda kicks in lol

I'm on a cut some i'm not consuming loads of food & my fibre isn't too high either

Protein shakes can generate some noxious odors...