Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Krill oil (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12380)

HeidiK 02-02-2013 04:03 PM

Krill oil
 
I have been hearing alot about Krill oil lately. The commercials I have all seen say that it is better than fish oil and that it is absorbed faster into the body. Does anyone on here take krill oil, and if so what has your experience been with it. They say there is no fishy after taste either but with the fish oil I take now I do not notice a fishy aftertaste.

exskinny 02-02-2013 04:59 PM

I take fish oil. I have not noticed a fishy taste to it either. I have never looked into krill oil but have also never really heard of it either.

angie828 02-12-2013 03:02 PM

Never taken it but have seen the commercials you speak of. I take fish oil right now and it does not smell fishy at all or have a bad aftertaste. Maybe some do but mine does not .

5kgLifter 02-14-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeidiK (Post 320163)
I have been hearing alot about Krill oil lately. The commercials I have all seen say that it is better than fish oil and that it is absorbed faster into the body. Does anyone on here take krill oil, and if so what has your experience been with it. They say there is no fishy after taste either but with the fish oil I take now I do not notice a fishy aftertaste.

Never heard of it, though I do wonder once they process it into capsules (or bottles) whether it's still as good as they are claiming.

cheftepesh 02-26-2013 05:56 PM

I've heard mixed reviews on krill. I have not seen one that gives the dha EPA I want and is cost effective.

jdmalm123 02-26-2013 08:44 PM

What it has is more important than what it is...

The omega-3, DHA and EPA content is on what you should base your opinion.

"Faster absorbing" is probably BS unless they water it down or add emulsifiers.

HeidiK 02-27-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheftepesh (Post 329800)
I've heard mixed reviews on krill. I have not seen one that gives the dha EPA I want and is cost effective.

How much do they usually cost for a bottle of it? I have not priced it yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmalm123 (Post 329875)
What it has is more important than what it is...

The omega-3, DHA and EPA content is on what you should base your opinion.

"Faster absorbing" is probably BS unless they water it down or add emulsifiers.

Thanks. I never thought of faster absorbing that way. But it does make sense.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.