Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   So confused (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12216)

sandraW 01-15-2013 07:08 PM

So confused

Tonight for supper my husband had it ready when I got home. He made chicken strips, mushrooms and mozz sticks. All of it was baked. I ate one strip, two mozz sticks and four shrooms but now I feel bad. The rest of the day I ate healthy. Why do I feel so guilty now?

bruteforce 01-15-2013 07:10 PM

Not sure what wasn't healthy. That all sounds pretty solid.

BendtheBar 01-15-2013 07:19 PM

What do you consider healthy?

You ate chicken, mushrooms and cheese that wasn't deep fried.

BigJosh 01-15-2013 07:23 PM

Was it processed? Meaning did it come from a box that was in the frozen food isle at the super market?
I'm no diet guru, but chicken, chesse and mushrooms doesn't seem bad to me. Maybe a veggie on the side would make you feel better?

Soldier 01-15-2013 07:27 PM

I would feel guilty too if I ate that. . .it's way too little!

Joking aside, I'm with the other guys, that all sounds like good stuff. Baked is always a good choice!

5kgLifter 01-15-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandraW (Post 312710)
Tonight for supper my husband had it ready when I got home. He made chicken strips, mushrooms and mozz sticks. All of it was baked. I ate one strip, two mozz sticks and four shrooms but now I feel bad. The rest of the day I ate healthy. Why do I feel so guilty now?

Because you mentioned that you ate healthy the rest of the day, that would seem to indicate that you feel the other meal is not healthy, you need to work out why. You had 2 strips of mozz, 1 piece of chicken and 4 mushrooms...seriously, you could have had more, as already stated by others, nothing in that meal is unhealthy.

jdmalm123 01-15-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandraW (Post 312710)

Yeah, gotta agree with the sentiments posted by others.

Most food isn't good or evil...

the question is whether or not it fits in your plan!

Did you exceed some macronutrient target?
Did you go more than a few calories over your daily target?

If you're going to feel guilty, at least quantify it...you can always balance the account tomorrow (without being harsh to yourself). A few more reps, and extra mile, etc will sort you out, I'm sure...

Take a look at my food here: http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/312696-post57.html

You'll see lots of "cheat" foods. The trick is, I worked them into my plan. You may not want to eat like I do, but you can eat stuff you enjoy and even "bad" foods sparingly.

As a personal trainer, one thing I heard all the industry leaders repeating was that it is what you do most of the time (80-90%) that will determine your direction...That other 10-20% is to allow you the occasional craving, party, etc.

Enjoy your food! Chicken, mozzarella and mushrooms have lots of protein, essential fat and vitamins that you need to reach your goals!

waanabeef 01-16-2013 07:33 PM

Maybe she is feeling it is unhealthy because of what it was. I am taking from this that it was a breaded chicken strip, and breaded mushrooms and cheese sticks? Is this why you are saying unhealthy?

sandraW 01-17-2013 11:15 AM

Yes all of it was breaded and came from a box. That is why I said it was unhealthy. I ate so little due to the fact that I thought that it was unhealthy.

bruteforce 01-17-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandraW (Post 313405)
Yes all of it was breaded and came from a box. That is why I said it was unhealthy. I ate so little due to the fact that I thought that it was unhealthy.

Totally understand where you are coming from then. Don't feel too guilty over it, and some weekend, prep your own chicken fingers and mozz sticks. But them in a sealed baggy and they'll last a couple weeks in the freezer. Then its easy to pop them in the oven and have a healthy treat.