Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:57 PM   #21
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCStrong View Post
I just started on T Bomb II, yesterday..... ( should have started the thread BEFORE I bought it- oh well) It was recommended to me by a friend who had good luck with it.

I wonder if it can be stacked with the DAA? I will post my experiences with it.

Also, what dosages of D3 are good for boosting T? I have seen several articles that say more D3 is a good thing - but no dosage recommendations.
For D3, I'd say between 5K and 10K units per day, although I've seen much higher dosages. It's more of a compliment than an actual booster.

As for the T-Bomb, I've seen it run successfully solo and stacked. Not sure if stacking it with DAA would help, but I don't think it would hurt. Though generally, when dealing test boosters, or any new supp targeted for one purpose, I recco using only one, so you know if there is a change, what's causing the change. If you use both, and you felt you got a boost, or had numbers to back it up...you'd have to think, which one was it? Yeah, could be the combo might be the best, but I'd stick to running one, then the other, and gauging what you have from each.. Then possbily stacking them up.. Would take longer, and cost more money, but you'd also be walking away with better knowledge of what you put in your body, and what it does for you, or doesn't do for you..
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2013, 02:04 PM   #22
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricka182 View Post
For D3, I'd say between 5K and 10K units per day, although I've seen much higher dosages. It's more of a compliment than an actual booster.

As for the T-Bomb, I've seen it run successfully solo and stacked. Not sure if stacking it with DAA would help, but I don't think it would hurt. Though generally, when dealing test boosters, or any new supp targeted for one purpose, I recco using only one, so you know if there is a change, what's causing the change. If you use both, and you felt you got a boost, or had numbers to back it up...you'd have to think, which one was it? Yeah, could be the combo might be the best, but I'd stick to running one, then the other, and gauging what you have from each.. Then possbily stacking them up.. Would take longer, and cost more money, but you'd also be walking away with better knowledge of what you put in your body, and what it does for you, or doesn't do for you..
I think this is really sound advice.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:22 PM   #23
PhillyDev
Low man on the totem pole
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,001, Level: 27 Points: 2,001, Level: 27 Points: 2,001, Level: 27
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: A heavy one.
PhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machine

Nothing boosts test like test. It's far cheaper than the amount you'd spend on test boosters. Go get your levels checked. Under 340 and generally you'll get it prescribed.
PhillyDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:33 PM   #24
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn

ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyDev View Post
Nothing boosts test like test. It's far cheaper than the amount you'd spend on test boosters. Go get your levels checked. Under 340 and generally you'll get it prescribed.
The only issue with real test, is the delivery method. Not many people are too keen on sticking themselves, and their insurance may not cover going to a clinic to have it done by a nurse or Doctor. The alternitives would be a gel or roll-on, both of which have critics with negative opinions. I agree injected test is the best way to jump the numbers, I just don't think it's right for everyone.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #25
PhillyDev
Uber Brawn

PhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machine

Quote:
The only issue with real test, is the delivery method. Not many people are too keen on sticking themselves, and their insurance may not cover going to a clinic to have it done by a nurse or Doctor. The alternitives would be a gel or roll-on, both of which have critics with negative opinions. I agree injected test is the best way to jump the numbers, I just don't think it's right for everyone.
That's the choice you as an individual have to make. You don't need to go to the doc to get stuck. More often than not you will do it yourself at home. The critics with negative opinions are generally uninformed, and just see dem dere steroids. You have to keep an open mind about this, as TRT, and anti aging clinics become more prevalent, and in powerlifting as well.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #26
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyDev View Post
That's the choice you as an individual have to make. You don't need to go to the doc to get stuck. More often than not you will do it yourself at home. The critics with negative opinions are generally uninformed, and just see dem dere steroids. You have to keep an open mind about this, as TRT, and anti aging clinics become more prevalent, and in powerlifting as well.
Understandable..Myself, I could probably do it, or have my GF stick me if I ever felt I needed it. I just feel sticking a needle isn't something most people would really want to do, for whatever reason.

If it were no big deal to stick, I think a lot more people would be doing it. Personally, I think Low-T is a natural part of the aging process, not a medical condition. We never saw nearly as many Low-T ads like we do these days. It's all powered by big-pharma, so the more people they can convice to take TRT, the more money they will make in the long run.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #27
SCStrong
Max Brawn
Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: One more than last year
Fav Exercise: The ones that make me cry
Fav Supp: Beer; Milk is for Babies
SCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master member

With the TRT - whart are the realistic side effects? Not, the " we want to scare you away, liberal media version" but rather, the truth . ( if any one has actual experience)The benefits sound good but testicular atrophy is not an acceptable condition.....

Last edited by SCStrong; 01-16-2013 at 01:43 PM. Reason: after thought
SCStrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #28
PhillyDev
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Understandable..Myself, I could probably do it, or have my GF stick me if I ever felt I needed it. I just feel sticking a needle isn't something most people would really want to do, for whatever reason.

If it were no big deal to stick, I think a lot more people would be doing it. Personally, I think Low-T is a natural part of the aging process, not a medical condition. We never saw nearly as many Low-T ads like we do these days. It's all powered by big-pharma, so the more people they can convice to take TRT, the more money they will make in the long run.
I completely agree. However, I am 27 my test level as of 6 months ago arein the 260 range. Almost half of what it should be. I am not on drugs. Have I considered it? Yes. I have alot of factors working against me though. I'm 275 lbs, I sleep 4-5 hours a night, I am on my feet working 12-14 hours a day. If I lost weight, slept more and worked less it might be different. Not much, and certainly not enough to bring my levels up to the point where prescriptions aren't "reccomended". I'm not saying you will eventually have to go on TRT, the generations prior to us never did, and they turned out just fine. I'm just saying that if you feel like you need it, go he a scrip.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #29
PhillyDev
Uber Brawn

Quote:
With the TRT - whart are the realistic side effects? Not, the " we wannt to scare you away, liberal version" The benefits sound good but testicular atrophy is not an acceptable condition.....
It depends. The doctor I see would prescribe hGC to prevent atrophy. It may have just been my age. Other risks, not much, gyno maybe, but this stuff about blowing your heart up, or heart attacks, it's all overplayed. Like telling you that aspirin will give you a brain bleed because it thins your blood. The docs aren't going to give you a hand flull of needles and a bottle of test and tell you figure it out. You are given legit instruction on usage, effects, and sides, it's up to you.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #30
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Quote:
With the TRT - whart are the realistic side effects? Not, the " we want to scare you away, liberal media version" but rather, the truth . ( if any one has actual experience)The benefits sound good but testicular atrophy is not an acceptable condition.....
I have a good friend who is on it. 1 shot, ever 2 weeks to bring him to normal levels. Has not experienced any atrophy.

Older generations also thought diabetes was a death sentence, medicine evolves. I honestly think TRT can improve the quality of life for a lot of people.

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is online now   Reply With Quote