Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Too many supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11361)

bonkers 10-11-2012 08:15 PM

Too many supplements

Can you take too many supplement daily? I suppose that you can, but if you take the recommended amount will it hurt?

bamazav 10-11-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonkers (Post 284294)
Can you take too many supplement daily?

yes!
Quote:

I suppose that you can, but if you take the recommended amount will it hurt?
Depends. Iron and D levels, for example, can become toxic if you take too much.

Ramrod 10-12-2012 05:51 AM

Yes and it depends on which ones. Many Supplements can be toxic on there own. Let alone stacked with others. Using the WORD SUPPLEMENT is to vague.

Are we talking Vitamins, Pro-Hormones, N.O., Whey, Thremogenics, etc...

thorish 10-12-2012 01:52 PM

Yes that is why you should not take them if you don't really need them. If you have a concern you need to ask your doctor.

angie828 10-13-2012 07:01 PM

Yes you can take too many. Why anyone would need to take tons of them is beyond me. If your diet is normal you should not need all that extra stuff.

Rich Knapp 10-14-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonkers (Post 284294)
Can you take too many supplement daily? I suppose that you can, but if you take the recommended amount will it hurt?

YES
This is were researching sups, what all is in them, what they are for and dose.

Suggested dose is just that, suggested. You may need less just as well more. More is NOT always better.

Start out with a great diet plan then supplement what you lack in.

Sups are called sups for a reason. They are not meant to be the main source.

Sups and taking sups are not a cookie cutter plan as all the mags and some people lead you to believe. Sups are very personal as is your diet/nutrition plan.

If every thing was cookie cutter every one would be Mr. O.

Do your research it will take you far and help understand what and why.

meathammer 10-14-2012 01:51 PM

Yes you most certainly can take too many. Taking too many could do more harm than good.

Greg B. 06-12-2014 04:37 AM

Yes. Take them only as supplements. Eat whole food meals. Take vitamins if not getting enough veggies in your diet. Otherwise, use them in moderation if you must, especially those that are designed to exert some sort of effect on you, such as stims, as overuse will lead to tolerance which will lead to overuse again as you try to attain the same affects with the higher doses.

GZeolla 06-24-2014 04:40 PM

Most definitely. I have an article on the folly of mega-dose sups on my site.

bigalfry 06-24-2014 05:56 PM

I am no expert so I'm not fully qualified to comment on the dangers of taking too many supplements. But I can tell you this - Don't waste your money. When I was a teenager living at home with my parents, I spent a ton of money on every supplement on the market. I always justified it with thoughts like, "its because of this stuff that I'm bigger and stronger than I used to be" and "if i stop taking them I'll shrink".
When I first moved out on my own - the budget didn't have room for my supplements so I stopped taking the majority of them and guess what? In terms of results - absolutely no difference. I didn't feel the extreme pump from the pre-workout that I used to during workouts but walking around day to day I looked the same, had the same amount of energy, I was still lifting the same amount of weight and most importantly I was still getting stronger at the same rate as when I was taking all that garbage.
I don't know much but I know one thing: most supplement companies have one goal and that is to take your money. Stick with the basics - protein powder, creatine, multivitamin and you can't go wrong.