Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Road food ideas (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11262)

ffemtny 10-02-2012 03:48 PM

Road food ideas

Now that I'm working as a paramedic, I can start working on losing the 30 pounds I found in medic school. Problem is though I work 12's so I am at work for 2 meals and spend them posting or working on an ambulance so there is no microwave,toaster ovens etc.. Already getting tired of sandwiches but I foresee a lot of them in my futures, also don't want to make fast food a large part of diet. I was thinking chicken and tuna over salads but definitely looking for some other ideas . And need healthy snacks ideas too fruit obviously , granolas bars definitely anything y'all wanna suggest would be great. Looking at the physique of medics has scared me straight already.

BendtheBar 10-02-2012 03:52 PM

String cheese (Kraft jalapeno), almonds and beef jerky.

Goat 10-02-2012 04:00 PM

Do ambulances have 110 volt power, inverters? If yes take blender protein and pre made , very filling low cal.

ffemtny 10-02-2012 07:57 PM

Almonds are definitely going on shopping list , as for protein I use a shaker bottle and usually drink it on way to work.

tomgurl 10-14-2012 04:14 PM

String cheese, yogurt, pretzels, fruit, almonds, nuts

leefarley 10-15-2012 04:22 AM

home made protein bars and milk

JTurner 10-15-2012 06:54 AM

I make a ton of burger patties for when I'm in on long days. I just stick them in a doggy bag and eat them with cheese between 2 patties. The nicest way I've found for when you've got to eat your meat cold and you can use any kind of mince; turkey, beef, pork or a mix.

Beverly McD 10-15-2012 09:13 AM

Jerky is easy to eat while on the road.
Big thumb up on becoming a paramedic by the way :D

5kgLifter 10-15-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffemtny (Post 281651)
Now that I'm working as a paramedic, I can start working on losing the 30 pounds I found in medic school. Problem is though I work 12's so I am at work for 2 meals and spend them posting or working on an ambulance so there is no microwave,toaster ovens etc.. Already getting tired of sandwiches but I foresee a lot of them in my futures, also don't want to make fast food a large part of diet. I was thinking chicken and tuna over salads but definitely looking for some other ideas . And need healthy snacks ideas too fruit obviously , granolas bars definitely anything y'all wanna suggest would be great. Looking at the physique of medics has scared me straight already.

If you ever take salads, separate the salady stuff in to a different container; salad tends to turn to water after a few hours of sitting and that just destroys everything that it's with, such as tuna, chicken and such.

Peanut butter and banana sandwiches.
Pita breads, stuffed.
Cold rice meals, never had them but some seem to like them.
Cold pasta meals/salads.

mikethemighty 10-16-2012 05:52 PM

Fruit bars, raisins, dried fruit, yogurt, cheese, fruit.