Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The 2468 Starvation Diet (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10889)

BendtheBar 08-20-2012 04:05 PM

The 2468 Starvation Diet

1 Attachment(s)
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/att...1&d=1345496523

Yes this is real life. It's passed around and people actually use it.

Check out this thread on Why Eat?

The 2468 diet

Quote:

As from tomorrow I'm going on the 2468 diet.
I know I always say it but this time I'm seriously determined
Apparently I can lose up to 10 lbs a month
If anyone fancies joining they can
So, I'm 5'5 and weigh 114 pounds, I want to get down to the nice round number off 100 to start with.
I'll update tomorrow, and we'll see if I really can keep it up!!
Quote:

Hi! Hope the 2468 is going well for you. I quite like the idea of it as I'm very scared I'll plateau (haven't lost anything for three days ) but can't seem to break the psychological barrier of eating more than 400 cals a day. I'd be interested to know how it goes!
Rach
Quote:

Hello =)

I would like to join the 2468 diet, but I think I will have a problem with 200 calories, so before I start with that I will go through the master cleanse for 10 days. Just to start with clean sleeves and to make my stomach smaller =).
Quote:

Hi .. im on my first day on the 2468 diet.. i was going to try the abc diet but i think im going to try and stick to this one instead but change it abit .. might make it 24680. Today ive had 120 calories already .. and going to go to the gym now and then maybe have a apple as a snack later.

How have you been getting on with the 2468 diet .. what foods have you been eating?

take care x
Quote:

For those people thinking about 2-4-6-8, you can lose more than 10lbs per month if you really play your cards right. I've lost a pound a day for more than a week multiple times.

This is the one "fad diet" that you see on all the pro-ana sites that I don't think is just made up or worthless. And it won't set you up to fail because you won't be restricting to the point that you start binging. I usually do a fast day after 8 and I try to plan my entire week's meals in advance. I'm actually on it again right now hah! 400today.

Don't worry about eating 800 calories. It will keep your metabolism up and you'll only have to eat that much like 6 times a month!! That's nothing.

Anyway, good luck to you girls. Let me know if you need anything
-SavorySweet
On and on....

BigJosh 08-20-2012 04:28 PM

That's a great diet if you are into the emaciated look.

5kgLifter 08-20-2012 04:44 PM

So, that's 2,000 total calories every 4 days and they think that's some fantastic combo, hence why it must work; why don't they just have 500 calories every day, they'd still lose the same amount of weight.

Anyone restricting themselves to less than 4,000 calories each week needs their head examined, big time.

5kgLifter 08-20-2012 04:47 PM

I just noticed this; is that intended for anorexics? 5' 5" @ the present 144 lbs (of the person) is underweight and they want to get to 100 lbs to start with and then obviously go further from there. :(

Quote:

So, I'm 5'5 and weigh 114 pounds, I want to get down to the nice round number off 100 to start with

Fazc 08-20-2012 05:06 PM

From the interwebz, in a debate regarding weight loss and the benefits of one meal a day.

"My uncle was in a Japanese prison camp for 9 months - he was given less than one meal per day and he lost over half his body weight. (true story)."

Excellent example of healthy weight loss.

I especially like the "true story" punctuating the end there, to add weight to the credibility of the whole thing!

bruteforce 08-20-2012 05:30 PM

And here I was thinking it was 2468 calories a day. 2500 was just too much for them, though I'm pretty certain I would gnaw my arm off if I went under 3k

5kgLifter 08-20-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruteforce (Post 269859)
And here I was thinking it was 2468 calories a day. 2500 was just too much for them, though I'm pretty certain I would gnaw my arm off if I went under 3k

Remind me not to shake your hand when you're on a cut ;)

JacktheThriller 08-20-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fazc (Post 269855)
From the interwebz, in a debate regarding weight loss and the benefits of one meal a day.

"My uncle was in a Japanese prison camp for 9 months - he was given less than one meal per day and he lost over half his body weight. (true story)."

Excellent example of healthy weight loss.

I especially like the "true story" punctuating the end there, to add weight to the credibility of the whole thing!

Thats what I was thinking. POW or Holocaust Diet.

Goat 08-20-2012 07:50 PM

leefarley 08-21-2012 04:32 AM

omg i would die on the diet i cant beleave that any one could live on even 800 cal let 200 cal on day1,not a good weight training diet,lol.