Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
petricabilo
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

petricabilo is off to a bad start
Default Need help with creatine/protein supplements?

I`m an 16 years old male weighting 147 lbs and after a few months at the gym I`ve decided to start using bodybuilding supplements (I`m talking about protein and creatine). But the problem is that I have no experience at all with those 2 products so I need help choosing a good brand for both and need advice on when and how much should I take those supplements
petricabilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2012, 11:48 AM   #2
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

How's your diet? Have you been gaining?
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
Ryano
Max Brawn
Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 30
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

Creatine Monohydrate-take 5 grams disolved in warm water once a day.

Protein-only supplement to get 1 gram of protein/lb of bodyweight(so it depends on your diet)
Old 07-17-2012, 03:39 PM   #4
IronWill
Max Brawn
Points: 3,099, Level: 34 Points: 3,099, Level: 34 Points: 3,099, Level: 34

Training Type: Powerbuilding
IronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beast

Any particular reason you want to start using them?
IronWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:35 PM   #5
Goat
Max Brawn
Points: 3,004, Level: 33 Points: 3,004, Level: 33 Points: 3,004, Level: 33
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: MEAT
Goat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machine

True Nutrition | CreaPure ? Creatine Monohydrate (100g)

I use a slow blend because I tend to have a hard time eating enough to get 1 to 1.5 grams of protein. I cant see how drinking whey after a workout is more of a benefit than having protein available constantly.

Here is what I use https://www.nlnutrition.net/page-pro...php?sc=NLN1035

Keep in mind that I am forty four years of age and fat, I would think that someone as young as yourself should be able to eat your way to success. Think beef, cheese and milk.

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country.One is by the sword.The other is by debt. - John Adams
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:55 AM   #6
Ryano
Max Brawn

Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

Nutrient timing can be as important as which nutrients you get.... If you are really interested read this:

Amazon.com: Nutrient Timing System: The Revolutionary New System That Adds The Missing Dimension To Sports Nutrition : The Dimension Of Time (9781591201465): John, Ph.D. Ivy, Robert Portman: Books Amazon.com: Nutrient Timing System: The Revolutionary New System That Adds The Missing Dimension To Sports Nutrition : The Dimension Of Time (9781591201465): John, Ph.D. Ivy, Robert Portman: Books
Old 07-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #7
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryano View Post
I've been debating on ordering the kindle addition of Nutrient Timing. I will be doing so tonight. Thanks.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:37 PM   #8
Ryano
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
I've been debating on ordering the kindle addition of Nutrient Timing. I will be doing so tonight. Thanks.
It kind of reads like a textbook, but very informative.