Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Protein Pudding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10571)

Trevor Lane 07-13-2012 10:40 PM

Protein Pudding

I saw this vid:
where Brian Shaw says he snacks on MHP's protein pudding and it sounded awesome.
So, of course I clicked on the supplement store here and looked it up: Power Pak Pudding by MHP: Lowest Prices at Muscle & Strength, and was imediately dissapointed by 2 things, the price & the inclusion of soy protein which actually renders the other proteins less useable.
Then I came up with a brilliant idea, which is to make my own... although mine is technically a custard because it has eggs. I simply added 2 scoops of whey powder & an egg to some sugar free instant pudding with some whole milk (instead of the recommended skim). This means my flavors are nearly limitless and it's only costing me about 50 cents per 1.5 cup serving, but mine has 2.5x the calories and 3x the fat. The macros come out like this 487.9 cals, 15g fat, 43g protein, and 43g carbs. I'm, still refining it. In fact I think the next batch will be only 1 cup of milk instead of the 2 cups that the pudding mix says to use. This will bring the carbs down a bit and it will thicken it up more. But, that will make it cost about $1 per serving... still 1/3 the cost of the MHP stuff.

BendtheBar 07-14-2012 08:24 AM

Know about how much milk you used for a 2 scoop serving?

moeheep 07-14-2012 08:43 AM

I add 3 scoops and what ever milk the box says, I do not add any extra milk.

angie828 07-14-2012 10:46 AM

This sounds pretty good. It is amazing the things that you can come up with on your own when you see something you want but the price is way wrong.

Jen 07-14-2012 11:50 AM

Saw the title, mind went elsewhere. I apologize.

Trevor Lane 07-14-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen (Post 259244)
Saw the title, mind went elsewhere. I apologize.

So do the guys at the office when I say... "Time for some protein pudding";)

So, here's the final recipe I think:
1C Milk
1Egg
1 scoop whey
1 package instant pudding

The whey seems to impede the thickening a bit. Previous batches which have used 2 cups milk & 2 scoops whey have been pretty soupy. We'll see how this is.

Jen 07-14-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor Lane (Post 259307)
So do the guys at the office when I say... "Time for some protein pudding";)
So, here's the final recipe I think:
1C Milk
1Egg
1 scoop whey
1 package instant pudding

The whey seems to impede the thickening a bit. Previous batches which have used 2 cups milk & 2 scoops whey have been pretty soupy. We'll see how this is.

LMAO!! I bet -- I can only imagine the guys I work with, LOL

5kgLifter 07-15-2012 11:56 AM

So, do these things ever taste any good? I've read post upon post where they're heralded as being fantastic and chomped down by quite a number of people and then you hit a post which is entirely the opposite and states that they're outright revolting as far as taste goes even though they've tried numerous times to make batches of puds and such from protein powder, in much the same way as people view protein shakes, no end say they just chug it down to get rid of it.

...is it a like it or loathe it thing? :chow: