Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #1
Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member
Default Defining protein quality

I asked the owner of my gym about MyProtein.com today. He is a serious lifter and has competed in regional and perhaps national BB comps in the UK. He basically said that the quality of protein in MyProtein's products is garbage and said that a mate of his uses it to feed his animals!

Essentially, he spoke of the different layers of whey used and said that MyProtein uses the lowest quality layer. In his opinion, 1 scoop of a 'higher' quality protein is as good as 2-3 scoops of MP's product because only a half (or less) of MP's powder is absorbed by the body. He did point out that MP are not doing anything illegal but suggested alternatives. He actually sells products from the gym.

Does anyone else think that My Protein's stuff is not the best quality? It is extremely inexpensive.

*Note: I may have not be explaining what he said very well but I do hope you guys have the gist.

Getting it done one session at a time.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links